Friday, August 30, 2019

Frugal Friday 307

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Friday night we had dinner at home (beef stew and my first try at Yorkshire Pudding - Annabeth had chosen British food as our international dinner of the week) and then we had an Author Signing. Annabeth had written and illustrated a children's book. We did that and then had family TV night while eating homemade cookie dough. The boys camped out and watched an extra movie in the living room and us girls read and slept in our master bedroom. Fun doesn't have to be big or expensive to be memorable.

- We made some big changes to our homeschool area. A few weeks ago my parents found a desk and chair at a consignment store and got it for Annabeth. She is really enjoying having a "big girl" desk for 3rd grade. Owen has moved to the schoolroom table full-time and we decided to let him choose the paint for it since Annabeth had chosen the paint during her preschool years.

 Owen, enjoying his "new" table
Purple with his name and green glitter

 - Saturday afternoon, Annabeth and I made a run to the library for new books and board games. We also popped into Hobby Lobby for some fall paper craft items which we got 40% off.

- Saturday evening the kids and I went to the splash pad in Greenwood for a birthday party. It was our first time there all summer since we've had so much rain and then we were gone most of July. The kids had a great time!

- Sunday after church we ran by Barnes and Noble. Annabeth turned in her Summer Reading form and got her free book.

Not a great selection for the 3rd/4th grade readers
but we'll see what she thinks of Judy Moody

- Sunday after church we enjoyed lunch at the afternoon at Mark's parents' house. Both of us grew up visiting our grandparents on Sundays and we're thankful to be able to do this with our own kids.

- Sunday evening we went to the Indy Eleven game. It was the first time that Annabeth and I had been inside Lucas Oil Stadium which was really neat for both of us. It was the first professional soccer game that all of us had been to. We had gotten special price tickets from the Central Indiana Police Alliance - Thank you all!
Front row - before the game began - many more fans piled in!

- I had an item I needed to use just for the week. Thankfully our neighbors Ed and Gloria let us borrow theirs. I love sharing with neighbors!

- The kids and I all went to the dentist on Tuesday. Our insurance covers the visit but I still pay for my fluoride treatment. I also had a doctor's appointment that morning and I am so thankful my friend Jeanette came over to watch the kids. Thank you!!

- Wednesday afternoon after school, we went over to visit our neighbor Mrs. Whealtley. She had been cleaning out some closets and gave us two new board games. Again, I am so thankful for sweet and sharing neighbors.

We are looking forward to a weekend of fun!

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: