Friday, September 6, 2019

Frugal Friday 308

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- The kids and I spent Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon down south with my parents. We enjoyed lots of time play in the backyard, a bonfire night, a visit to Owensboro, two different parks to play in, and time at a new (to us) library. We spent $0 on this trip as my parents treated us to both eat-out meals and even bought our gas to come home. Thank you all!

Annabeth posing as a butterfly at Baird Park 

Owen enjoyed the Lego table and play pizza area at East Library.
It was nearly 90 degrees but I did spy a bit of red in the trees
behind him - fall is coming!

- While in Evansville, my Mama and I had a little date and went to a consignment store that specializes in furniture and home decor. My mama bought a table that she had her eye on for quite some time and we found a item to add to Annabeth's birthday. My sister kept the kids for me and it was a great hour out with just Mama!

- Mark went to get new tires for our second car over Labor Day Weekend. He had found a tire sale + rebate and got a very good deal on decent tires. When he arrived, they told him the tires he ordered had not come in yet so they upgraded him for FREE! This was very exciting for us! We had chosen a mid range tire because we don't drive the second car very often.

- We gave one of Owen's car seats our nephew. Owen is just about to size out of it, it's the one in our second car, and our nephew will need in in the next six months or so. We were happy to save L&C the cost of buying a seat for each of their cars - now they will just need to buy one.

- Monday was Labor Day. Mark worked and the kids and I caught up on some chores around the house. We did meet up for dinner and had fun playing a new game that the kids borrowed from my parents' house.

- I ordered a photo gift for a friend's birthday. I was able to get it FREE and just paid shipping thanks to a Labor Day Sale.

- We purchased two pizza gift cards through a friend's fundraiser. The money will help her daughter go on her 8th grade class trip and this is a good deal for us as it's the pizza place that we love to get pizza from.

- We went to the Louisville area on Wednesday to visit friends. We baked cookies to share with them as a thank you for hosting us for the day.

-  I had an Inventory Sale with my book business. I am excited to really roll into the Holiday Season! If books are on your people's wish lists check out my site: Amy Riley's Usborne Books & More

- I did spend one unplanned dollar as I purchased a candy bar from a friend's fundraiser. He is one of the sweetest kids we know and I couldn't resist helping him earn a limo ride!

FRUGAL FAIL:
Last week the kids and I had our dentist appointments. They referred Annabeth to and orthodontist and after going this week, we learned that she will begin her orthodontist journey sooner rather than later. We had NOT planned on this nor have we been saving for it. I was older when I really started with it so I was thinking we had a few years. Thankfully we were able to pay the down payment and we can make ten months of interest free payments in their office. Because we do not have a credit card surprises like this can feel big and scary, I am thankful that we faithfully put money into our savings and that we could cover the down payment.

We are looking forward to a low-key weekend.

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: