Friday, September 13, 2019

Frugal Friday 309: What I Spent This Week

Happy Frugal Friday!

I've been seeing these kind of blogs and vlogs and even had a request for one.
So, here is what I spent this week*
*I am ONLY sharing money that I spend. I will not be figuring the original cost of gas or groceries that were purchased before this week but used this week*

Friday (9/6) $0
I taught a co-op class on Friday morning and the kids enjoyed playing with friends.
I had an afternoon Zoom call for my Usborne Books & More business.
We played outside all afternoon, helped our neighbors with their groceries, visited with some friends who stopped by, and Mark mowed the lawn.
We ate all of our meals at home.

Saturday (9/7) $12.46
Mark left for a training.
Owen and I took Annabeth to Open Gym. This is included in our monthly fees so we did not pay for it.
We came home, did laundry, organized closets/dressers to include some items for the cooler mornings/evenings.
We took the recycling, returned books, and enjoyed a free train show at one of our libraries.
We did pick up dinner while out. A gift card covered $10 so we paid just $12.46 out of pocket.
We had an at-home movie night with movies borrowed from the library.

Sunday (9/8) $21.53
We went to church and the kids had music class. After church, we went to Wolf Run Park and played for an hour. Another family from church was also there and the kids enjoyed playing while I visited with a friend.

Park play

We went to Mark's parents' house for lunch and afternoon play with the cousins.
We did stop by the store for a little grocery fill-in (we had not been in a week) and for cookies to take as a treat for lunch. Spent $21.53
We came home for dinner and game night.

Monday (9/9) $170
We had a normal school day.
We took Annabeth to dance and paid her choreography fee ($150 - one time fee for the year) and also paid for a private lesson ($15)
We ate our meals at home.
I also purchased an item from a friend at 75% off retail. I will be adding it to Annabeth's birthday gift. I had not planned on purchasing this item new due to cost + shipping but to get it for $5 and no shipping I splurged.

Tuesday (9/10) $0
We had our normal school day and did lots of chores around the house.
We spent the afternoon at the library - getting new books, DVDs, doing a scavenger hunt, and enjoying Travel Club.
We came home for dinner and watched a little movie about The Artcraft - our local movie theater.

Wednesday (9/11) $2.37
We had our normal school day.
I did have to use the printer at our local UPS store. Spent $2.37 on printing.
Annabeth had dance class and Mark and Owen enjoyed Man Night.
We ate all of our meals at home.

Thursday (9/12) $40
We had our normal school day.
We did chores around the house.
The kids had Homeschool Saddle Club. This costs $40/week for a 2 hour class/ride for both kids.
We ate all of our meals at home.
In the evening, Mark had a meeting and the kids and I went to a special animal presentation at the library.

Total Spent this Week: $246.36
Breakdown ---
Eating Out: $12.46
Groceries: $21.53
Kids Activities: $205
Misc: $2.37

This week was MUCH more than usual as the kids activities are generally $55/week vs the $205 but we did have that one time fee this week.

Let me know what you think of this different Frugal Friday format.
Would you like to see another week of it?

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: