Friday, September 27, 2019

Frugal Friday 311

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We enjoyed Friday Night Movie Night at home with a movie from the library. We snacked on homemade cookies.

- Saturday-Monday Mark was out of town for a training. He had a good time and learned a lot. He is working on a training and project that will take about 18 months to complete. I so appreciate that Mark always gives his best when working on projects like this.

- We stopped by a friend's garage sale. It was the end of day three but we did find two books, two little toys, and three clothing items for $6.

- Saturday the kids and I met Jenn and the kids down at Apple Works for the afternoon. I had packed water but it was much hotter than we had anticipated so I ended up buying $2 in bottled water. Once we had seen the main area, we went to the Trafalgar Library for some fun air conditioned play. I am so thankful to have precious time with them.

Apple Works with my loves. 

- I mentioned last month that we bought half of a pig. That came in handy this week as we made a pork roast for Mark to take along to his training. It provided the meat for one of their dinners. We also used BBQ pork roast plus fresh fruits and veggies to take to a dear friend on Monday for lunch. Please pray for "A" and her family as she lost her husband that morning in a car accident. They have two small children at home. They are part of a large family in which we know and love many members.

- Monday evening I went to cook dinner only to find that the heating element in our oven was broken. I had plenty of meals on hand to be cooked in the crock pot or stove top so I wasn't worried about that BUT this weekend is the church fish fry and I had signed up to bring pies. I am so thankful that my dear friend Jeanette is the kind of friend I can reach out to and say, "Hey! Can I come bake a bunch of pies in your kitchen?" and she'll say yes! Thank you Jeanette!

- Tuesday we played at the library, got books and movies, and then met our friends the Eblings at the park. I love getting together with them and watching our kids grow up as best friends - and in the case of Owen and Asher, best enemies.

- Wednesday my dad came to visit! He brought the kids a new-to-them art easel. They also spent that afternoon geocaching. Wednesday night Annabeth had dance, Dad and Owen had a park/ice cream date, and Mark and I had a REAL out-to-dinner date (our first since March!)

- Yesterday, we dropped pies of for our church fish fry. The kids also had Saddle Club and my dad enjoying coming along to see what they do. In addition to horse things, they did some fishing this week. After horses, Dad took Annabeth out on a date and Owen and I spent some time together.

- Last night the kids, Mark, and Dad had an ice cream sundae bar and movie/play outside night. I went with two friends to see the new Downton Abbey movie. Yes, I realize movies are not remotely frugal BUT it's the first theater movie I've seen since I was expecting Owen so $12 every 4.5 years doesn't seem *too* crazy to me.

We had a great week and really enjoyed having Dad here.
We are looking forward to a good weekend and to kicking of Annabeth's birthday festivities! 

No comments: