Friday, September 20, 2019

Frugal Friday 310

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Friday night we skipped our usual night out for dinner and ate at home. After that, Owen and I did the grocery shopping. We spent $93 for the next two-ish weeks.

- Saturday morning, Mark took Annabeth to run some errands. They stopped by Starbucks for a treat and were blessed by a friend who purchased their order for them. Thank you Scott!

- Owen and I had our own date as well. We ran by the Farmer's Market, played at the library, added some books to our stash at home, then redeemed a gift card from My Library Rewards at our local toy store. We cashed in 200 points for a $5 gift card. We purchased two Christmas gifts.

 Our $6 Farmer's Market Finds
$5 flowers in glass jar and $1 pumpkin for Mr. O 
"Hey Mama, let's just sit at that table and talk a while."

- Saturday afternoon, Mark and Annabeth went to help with a friend with an Eagle Scout project. Annabeth enjoyed helping and Mark always loves supporting scouts. Owen and I went to Chick-Fil-A and used one of his gift cards from summer reading for a free ice cream and park play.

- This week we made homemade chili and thanks to my friend Ann, homemade and healthy sweet and sour chicken. I tried to make bigger dinners and then served the leftovers for lunches.

- Mark worked overtime, I worked my Usborne Books & More business, and I added my final express tagger. This tagger has over 300 items and I've spent the last two nights just getting everything entered in the computer. Now I'll spend the weekend physically tagging everything.

- Tuesday night the kids and I helped unload and deliver mums for a fundraiser for the dance year. We were able to pay Annabeth's choreography fee and part of our September budget with this fundraiser so thank you to everyone who purchased fall flowers! We drove up to Indy and delivered the flowers two evenings. The kids LOVED seeing the city lit up at night.

- Wednesday morning, before it got hot, Owen and I cleaned out our car. It was a mess from transporting all of the flowers. We also helped our neighbor do a bit of work in her garage.

- Wednesday evening, I dropped Annabeth at dance and then went and met Mark's mom with the rest of the flower order. I also stopped by the grocery store - ALONE! For the last year, I have been very very overwhelmed with being a mama, running two different classrooms all day, working, and managing the home. I was not taking nearly enough time for myself and so we've been working to find a better balance for me.

- I scored some good deals at a thrift store - two shirts for Owen, a shirt for Annabeth, and a shirt for me all for around $9. I also found $1.60 swim trunks on the Meijer 90% off rack for Owen for next summer.

- Yesterday morning, we enjoyed the preschool story time at the Franklin Church of God. This is Owen's last year of preschool and we are looking forward to enjoying one more year of this fun story time with friends before he moves on to Kindergarten.

- Yesterday at Saddle Club, a family brought a huge bin of free books. I chose two for Owen and Annabeth chose four new chapter books. I think next time we clean out ours, we'll do the same. It was fun to see how excited all the kids were about new books!

We had a good week here, received a "yes" to a prayer for a friend that we have been praying for 2 years, and are so thankful for a weekend ahead with good friends and family.

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: