Friday, December 6, 2019

Frugal Friday 321

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money -

- Mark worked some overtime and I worked my Usborne Books & More Business.

- Last Friday, we decorated the house and put up the tree. We ate Thanksgiving leftovers for lunch which was wonderful! Each of the kids also decorated a ginger bread house. I found Anna-Safe Mickey Mouse ones at Target for just $5 each. We love doing this each year and I love when I find Anna-Safe ones!

- Saturday I worked the Ladies Day Out Vendor Fair at Style. I had a decent sales day and enjoyed meeting some new book lovers. I packed my lunch and only purchased a $5 item so the day was very affordable.

- Saturday morning while Annabeth was at gymnastics, Mark took Owen out for a date. Owen asked to go to Starbucks and they sat, drank coffee, and talked. Owen has talked about it ALL week!


- Sunday we were the Advent Readers and Candle Lighters at church. Annabeth was so excited that she barely slept the night before! They also had practice for the Christmas Cantata. 

- After church, we finished up our Thanksgiving leftovers (mashed potatoes, cheezy carrots, and corn on the cob) but we didn't have any turkey so we ate it with shrimp. We called it an Island Thanksgiving! 

- Sunday afternoon Mark and I took turns playing with the kids and taking naps. We each snuck in a 2 hour nap which was AMAZING! He played games and built paper crafts with the kids during mine and the kids and I baked cookies and wrote our mail for the week during his.

- Our church has adopted several families from a local elementary school to receive Christmas gifts. We took two wishlists off the tree and the kids selected all of the candy that the kids had wished for. In the candy aisle, they each found things they wanted and it was such a great reminder that it is more blessed to give than to receive. 

- I LOVE getting money back with Ibotta. This month's gift card came just in time to purchase a gift for a Secret Santa exchange I am doing with some ladies I work with. I was able to buy a nice item off her wishlist and ship for free ALL covered by my Ibotta money. Join and Save Here.

- Tuesday after school we enjoyed a bit of play at the library. The kids also found new books for the week as well as our new read aloud. We then spent 90 minutes at our local museum. The kids enjoyed the permanent exhibits, seeing what the revolving exhibit is, and voting on Christmas trees decorated by local charity groups.

- Wednesday we had a bit of cabin fever. We're at the end of the semester, finishing books and testing so we've been home most days the past few weeks. The weather was very warm and since it was around 50 degrees we spent over two hours outside that afternoon.

- Wednesday evening after I dropped Annabeth off at dance, I took 30 minutes and went to Starbucks. I used a giftcard to buy a coffee (decaf always now) and a cookie and I finished a Christmas book. It was  the very sweet 25 Days Till Christmas by Poppy Alexander.

We had a low key week and did not eat out (other than the Starbucks with a giftcard) or drive farther than 5 minutes away as we were trying to save on gas this week as well. Our monthly bills have increased this fall due to some unforeseen medical/dental issues and so we've had to cut back very much on "extras" That being said I am SO proud that we continue to "live like no one else so later we can live like no one else." We aren't in a season where we are paying extra on our mortgage but we are still paying cash and not taking out credit.

Happy Savings to All!





No comments: