Friday, December 20, 2019

Frugal Friday 323

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I am part of the University of Louisville Alumni Facebook page. This year they did a 12 Days of Christmas and I won Day Two! They kindly mailed me a very nice Alumni hat and car sticker. Thank you UofL Alumni!

Proud to be a graduate of UofL! 

- Friday evening the kids and I enjoyed a live animal show at a local library. We saw many animals and enjoyed seeing the reindeer most of all.

- Saturday morning the kids and I treated Mark's dad to Breakfast with Jesus and Santa at our church. This is our annual tradition with his parents but unfortunately his mom was sick this year. I know his dad and the kids still had a great time. Annabeth was even kind enough to visit Santa so they could have a picture.

- Saturday afternoon we went to a wonderful birthday party for some sweet sisters. Each of the kids had friends there and they had so much fun having an indoor snowball fight, going on a candy cane hunt, and playing with their friends.

- Sunday morning the kids offered gifts of song and dance during the church Cantata. They had practice for a few hours on Saturday afternoon and then participated in both services on Sunday. They had a wonderful time and I was so proud to see them praising our Lord.


- Sunday afternoon Mark got back in town after a training and the kids and I were worn out from the long weekend we were SO tempted to pick up lunch but we resisted! We did a quick grocery stop for the week and came home and cooked lunch. Everyone was hungry and grumpy but we did it anyway!

- Monday morning we woke up to snow! After school, the kids bundled up and played for a while. The kids played outside at least one hour every day this week. They came in to warm up before dance and Owen and I made homemade cocoa. Most store bought cocoas are not Annabeth safe so we have been making our own for years.

- If you have been reading for a while, you know that I do a big closet clean out twice a year. I took the time to do it one day and cleaned out all of my clothes. I let my sister have first pick of the clothes and then the rest will go to the Junk Exchange to share with friends.

- Tuesday after some appointments we came home to enjoy an afternoon of snow play and baking. Growing up, my Mama always made the first snow of the season Cookie Baking Day. We had snow and baked cookies last snow but we decided we needed to bake a cake for this snow as well.


- Mark woke up very early both Monday and Tuesday to shovel snow. He shoveled at his work and also for our elderly neighbors. The kids were up early to see him and I love his constant example of Christian witness. He does it early, in the dark hours of the morning and comes home before anyone knows it was him who completed the task. I so admire his willingness to give without asking for, or expecting, anything in return.

- I mended three clothing items. A penny saved is a penny earned and we always try to fix or mend before buying again.

- Three weeks ago I got out a card table to work a puzzle. After we finished that puzzle, I left it out and in since then the kids have been working something on it everyday. Some puzzles, some art, some Legos, some Knex but always building. Who knew simply adding a piece of furniture would spark such creativity?!

- A few weeks ago, a fellow Book Lady shared some pictures of her vendor/school set up. She had an awesome book rack and sent me the Amazon link after I asked for it. It was $180 new/$125 used (plus shipping!) On Wednesday, a teacher store in Evansville posted they were GIVING AWAY book racks much like the one I have on my Amazon list! My sister ran over and grabbed one for me!! Thank you Lu! I am happy to put the money I had been saving for the rack back into my business in a different way!

I cannot wait to get a new Usborne Books & More label for the top and to
fill it for books for sale!

We are looking forward to a busy weekend and a blessed Christmas Week.

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: