Friday, March 13, 2020

Frugal Friday 335

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Saturday I went to Brown County and spent 7.5 hours with my best friend - kid free! We live about 100 miles apart and have five kids between us so even though we get together every six weeks or so with the kids it's not quite the same as when we were younger! It was so wonderful to have the day together to shop and talk over coffee. I planned ahead and budgeted cash for the day so even though I bought some birthday gifts and few items for myself I stayed under budget.

- Sunday after church, we came home for lunch and to do some chores. We got out of church around 10:30 and had a birthday party back in Indianapolis around three. Instead of eating lunch and shopping out we came home to save money. We enjoyed the afternoon celebrating our nephew's first birthday and they kindly sent the kids home with great goodie bags and a pound of blueberries!

- Monday evening I picked up my second consigner's items. I got all of her items entered into the system and ready to be tagged. I also entered all of our clothing items into the system. Items become more difficult to store after they are tagged so I plan to do one mega tagging session the week of the sale.

- Tuesday we found a new (to us) used book store in Greenwood. We found some deals but I didn't pay close enough attention to some of the pricing and paid $3.98 and $5.98 on two of the books! Ouch! I wouldn't have paid that much if I had been looking more closely. That being said we got five new books for around $14. They do buy books so we plan to take some totes of books to sell there in a few weeks. I'll update then if this is a good way for local people to sell books. (I do generally sell them at the Kids' Sale BUT they are time consuming to tag/set out and very heavy to carry into the sale. If I can sell to this store for a similar profit I will do that)

- We booked our big vacation for the year and saved $100 by using gift cards from our birthdays. Thank you Brian, Kristi, Matt, Jenn, and kids!

- Owen got his haircut by our dear friend Christy Stearns. I used to cut Owen's hair at home but as he has gotten older he has wanted fancy cuts and his hair grows in funky so it's nice to have a friend who can give him great cuts at a good price. Thank you Christy!

Mini-Model. 
He loves to pose!

- I ordered our 2019 photos while they were 50% off and I had 101 free on Shutterfly. I used to be SO good about printing photos, putting them into books, and getting notes written about each picture but last year it got away from me. Thankfully I do make photo-books for each school year, vacation, and birthday so this was only about 200 pictures to fill in the rest of the past 15 months. I was able to save $20 on the price of them by combining those deals. I also earned 1% cashback through Rakuten.

- I currently have an Usborne Books & More Fundraiser Open. I am donating ALL of the free party books AND my commission to a local family. The Steve and Megan Love family are members of local law enforcement, have three children, and due to some very severe medical issues are facing mounting medical bills while trying to care for their family. We pray that this fundraiser would be a blessing to them. The link is still open if you would like to shop in support of the Love Family: https://l6530.myubam.com/1509983

- Mark did our bi-weekly grocery trip last night. We generally shop on Friday or Saturday but were hearing many reports of our stores being out of items that we genuinely needed for the next two weeks. Mark went, shopped with an insane amount of people acting in a crazy fashion, and responsibly purchased only what our family needed.

I was looking forward to a fun vendor event this weekend but due to health concerns it has been cancelled so we now look forward to a fun weekend as a family.

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: