Friday, March 20, 2020

Frugal Friday 336

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday we had our last eat out meal for a while. We opted to carry out of one of our favorite local places. While restaurants were still open here in Indiana, I knew changes were coming. We wanted to show some support of one of our favorite local places - Main and Madison Market Cafe.

- We signed up for the Kids Bowl Free program. We got the family pass so we will paid just $25 for our family to bowl from April - October. We did this last summer and enjoyed it so much! That covers 2 games/day/person in our family.

- Annabeth and I did go to church on Sunday morning. We washed hands upon entry to the building, practiced distancing, and enjoyed a beautiful morning of worship at our church home. We were treated to a message from the Wertz couple who have lived and served in Africa for 40 years! We enjoyed two of our favorite hymns (and beautiful reminders) "God Will Take Care of You" and "Here I am Lord." We also enjoyed the Sunday School hour with a special video and message from the Wertz Missionaries. We did not share in the communal meal and sat away from people. The boys stayed home as Mark had been under the weather late in the week.

- We saved about half a tank of gas as all of our usual activities were cancelled and local libraries closed. We generally use one tank of gas every 2-3 weeks and look forward to saving all of that in the weeks to come!

- I ran an Inventory Sale in my Usborne Books &More VIP Group and had two parties. Mark worked his regular hours plus some overtime.

- Annabeth's dance studio was closed this week. We saved the cost of her private lesson. She did still practice using a dance bingo card, practicing her routines at home, and also took an online ballet class.

- I babysat the sweetest little girls on the planet this week! They are 2 and 4 and literally dolls! We had so much fun with them, a fun change up to our usual school routine, and the kids just loved having extra people to play with. I was so thankful for the chance to help a friend out during a gap in childcare while bringing in a bit of income in our week as well.

Owen dressed in his cowboy boots, fancy belt, 
Spiderman shirt, and Cub Scout hat so he would 
"Look nice for my friends" 

- Wednesday night I traded a friend some yogurt and cheese sticks that our kids had been eating but stopped when we bought the large packages. They are set to expire in the next 10 days so I was able to take them to a family who will eat them. They gave us a huge bag of hand-me-downs for Owen. Thank you Alysha and family!

- I also stopped in to visit some friends to drop off some books to share with their four-year-old in this season of learning at home. I mentioned I was headed to the story to try to find some veggie pizza (or at least supplies to make veggie pizza) for a birthday this week and these AMAZING friends gave me their pizza sauce!! Thank you Love Family - you saved our pizza night!

- I try to shop local or with friends who work from home. Last week, I ordered new lipstick from my friend Cynthia Gomez and her LimeLife by Alcone business. We were sick last month and I always throw away my make-up  after being sick. The lipstick colors are gorgeous AND Cynthia was sweet enough to send me an awesome package of samples! I look forward to trying lots of new products! Thank you Cynthia!


We continued to enjoy learning and loving at home together this week. We also enjoyed finding ways to encourage others from a distance.

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: