Friday, October 23, 2020

Frugal Friday 367

 Happy Frugal Friday! 

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday our best friends came for the day. Rose brought us lunch and delicious homemade cookies to celebrate Annabeth's birthday. The kids played and the mams talked for six hours which passed like six minutes.

- After a full day of company, we decided to do a low key dinner. We ordered pizza from a local pizza place and only had to cover the tip thanks to a generous giftcard from the Sichting Family. Thank you all.

- Mark worked a ton of overtime this week. His summer was a bit calmer than usual so the fall has been more wild than usual. I have been working 10-20 hours a week on my Usborne Books & More business. 

- Saturday morning Mark and Owen headed to Southeastway Park for a Wood Badge Ceremony. They enjoyed a few hours at the park and Owen reported the ceremony had very good cupcakes. Mark's mom picked up Annabeth from dance and bought lunch for Annabeth and myself. Thank you Kristi.

- Sunday we had Mark's family over for family lunch. Mark made chilli, cornbread, and homemade brownies. After everyone headed home the kids played outside in the leaves all afternoon. I love watching them have fun together!

- My dad was here Monday-Thursday to help with the kids. Each of the kids got a full date afternoon with Grandpa after the finished school. They traded books at free little libraries, shopped the used bookstore, visited the train ice cream station three times, and more. I am thankful for the memories they made and that in turn I got an afternoon alone with each of the kids to play games, color, and chat.

My boys doing afternoon school. 

- I had added an adorable pumpkin shirt to my Pinterest board. Instead of spending a huge amount on Etsy or an online boutique, I shopped with my friend Allison Wells at her online shop Splendid Sloth Crafts. I would much rather spend money with friends! Thank you Allison for customizing my order and shipping it affordable in just one week. 



- Wednesday night we treated my dad to dinner at Greek's. Again, thank you to the Sichting Family for the generous giftcard and the gift of dinner without cooking!

- We have hard water here in Central Indiana so our water heater and appliances really take a beating. Last night, Mark (with help from Owen) drained the water heater, cleaned it out, and replaced the insides. We do this about every 2-3 years to prolong the life of our water heater.

- Last night, I met with my committee for Annabeth's dance school. I really enjoyed catching up with my friend Angie (we are the committee) and the kids LOVED playing out back until it was dark. 

As of today, I am three weeks out from surgery. I am finally up and about, doing light housework, and getting outside some. Thank you to all of the amazing family and friends who have blessed us in the last few weeks - the prayers, cards, meals, etc have been an incredible blessing! THANK YOU!

We are looking for a weekend visit from another family member.

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: