Friday, October 30, 2020

Frugal Friday 368

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday my sister came to town. She drove us to the park, on an errand, and to the library to pick up books. We were there just in time to see our library friends practice for the October Puppet Show. The shows are being done via Zoom but they let us in the rehersal. It was so cute and funny and my puppet obsessed kids LOVED seeing behind the scenes! Thank you to Tiffany, Kalen, Heather, Sarah, and Andrea. We love our library people!

- Saturday morning Mark took Annabeth to dance and my sister and I enjoyed brunch from Main & Madison Market Cafe. This was the first time I'd eaten there since last winter and it was, as always, great. Their chocolate chip cookies are amazing and it was so fun to have a car picnic with my sister.

- I began feeling poorly at the end of last week and the doctor confirmed I had an infection following surgery. I was able to try oral antibiotics and was able to stay home. I was thankful not to have to be admitted for IV meds at the hospital. The appointment and meds were just $30 OOP much more affordable than a hospital stay. I saw the doctor yesterday and the meds have not worked fully. I will go again Monday and hope to be feeling much better by then. 

- Sunday I stayed home to rest while Mark and the kids enjoyed lunch with his family. They were kind enough to send home pizza for me - thank you! We did end up missing a birthday party that evening though, I was not up to getting out and about.

- Monday our friend Katelyn brought us treats from the birthday party we missed. She made all kinds of homemade goodies and was kind enough to bring us lunch too! The kids enjoyed the Happy Meals and since I had already had my protein shake we took my meal to Mark which he really appreciated. 

- Tuesday evening we celebrated Halloween with Owen's Cub Scout Pack. They also received their first four belt loops that they have earned this year.

- Wednesday night Annabeth had the fun of wearing a Halloween costume to dance class. She said they did a Trunk or Treat in between classes and she brought home a gigantic bag of candy!

- Yesterday our friends stopped by on their way to Indy. Mark brought home a police car and Owen and the boys were able to work on a Cub Scout requirement by learning more about police work. The Eblings surprised Mark with a sweet care package (which ended up being his dinner as he worked a 15 hour day) We surprised their family with Enjoy Life Halloween candy bags. It was great to see you Eblings!

Mr. O was VERY happy to sit in a police car.
When asked who his hero is he said "Dad." 

- We have many people in our lives who are allergic to some, or all, of the Top 8 Allergens. We LOVE Enjoy Life Foods as they are made in a completely Top 8 free facility making them safe for all! I found that Kroger Shipped had them MUCH more affordable than at any local store. I was also able to get them shipped free. Just a heads up for other allergy friends. :) 

We had a busy week and are looking forward to enjoying Halloween!

Happy Halloween and Happy Savings to All! 


No comments: