Sunday, January 25, 2009

No More Macys...

Last Thursday, just minutes after walking into work, I was called into the Executive Offices to receive some bad news. Due to budget cuts Macy's Corporate has been eliminating positions in their stores - mine was one of them.

Considering the economic condition of our nation at the moment, it was not a complete surprise to hear that the company was cutting back or to hear that my position was being eliminated early on. I understand that I am the newest member of the team and that means I am the easiest to let go. So, I am now, once again, searching for a job.

Despite my frustrations, and worries about money, I am comforted by the knowledge that my life is in God's hands. I am thankful for all of the people that I met while working at Macy's and for the ways that each of them touched my life. I am anxious to see where God leads me next...

No comments: