Sunday, February 8, 2009

Unemployed

Last Friday was my last day at Macy's. I cried on the way home. I am not sad about leaving the job as much as I am sad about leaving my friends there.

Last Monday I went down to the EVSC office to apply to be a substitute teacher. I have all of the paperwork finished so I just have to wait for them to get my reference sheets and UofL transcripts back, then I have to wait for my permit to come from the state, and then I have to watch videos and attend a class. I am hoping this whole process only takes two weeks because I only have one more paycheck and then my severence pay from Macy's.

I am trying very hard to stay optimistic and not to worry too much about all of this. However, Mark and I are now under the "3.5 months unitl our wedding" point and with both of us not working it feels scary. Thank goodness we have faith. God will be our guide.

No comments: