Friday, November 15, 2013

Frugal Friday 13

It's time for Lucky #13! Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is what we did to save money/spend money wisely this week:

- Annabeth enjoyed making two fun and frugal Turkey Crafts

- We also took advantage of a free morning dance class at our local library.
***If you think your local library is only for books or research you are SO wrong! In each place I have lived I have taken advantage of many adult activities: free classes (arts, computer, crafts, financial, etc), book clubs, discussion groups, and social outings. Now that we have Annabeth, I am also enjoying an array of children's activities: story time, dance time, tot-art, etc. Take advantage of FREE family fun at your local library**

- Annabeth enjoyed a FREE package of apples at McDonald's thanks to a Halloween Coupon from her Auntie Cassidy and Uncle Luke. Saved: $1.00

- My sister and I made a trade when I went to visit last weekend. I traded three magazines for two shirts and a skirt!

- I did an online survey after a Kroger shopping trip and added 50 extra fuel points to my Kroger card

- I did one of our two grocery trips for the month and with in store sales, ecoupons, and paper coupons saved 20% of our total bill. Saved: $14.78

- I was able to use coupons to get the following items TOTALLY FREE: 1 box of cake mix, 1 box of Cheerios, 1 Kroger frozen veggie, and 1 soup from the deli. Saved: $8.54

- Mark traded some of our venison for pork.

- Now that Annabeth has to have soy milk in addition to Mark, our milk bill has gone up quite a bit. I went to Silk.com and registered to win free Silk for a year and also signed up for coupons. We do not have a printer so I signed up for the USPS option. I am anxious to see how quickly our first coupons get here.

Total Saved: $24.32

What have you been doing to save money this week? Do you and your family take advantage of free library fun?

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

No comments: