Friday, December 19, 2014

Frugal Friday 70

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely:

- We used a giftcard to purchase three ornaments that we will give as gifts.

- Mark did our grocery shopping for Christmas Eve. We are hosting his family and will have about forty people in. He saved 25% off our grocery bill by combining coupons and store sales!

- Annabeth and I enjoyed a free Living Nativity service and event at St. Luke's UMC.

- Annabeth received a giftcard to Build A Bear for being in a wedding in September. We took her Sunday to make her first animal there. She chose an orange cat and named it "Owen." We only paid the tax on the gift.

She had so much fun and she really loves her new cat.
Thank you to Chris and Cindy for this gift!

- We ate dinner out Sunday at the mall. Annabeth and I each took home enough leftovers that we had them for lunch on Monday.

- On the way home from the mall, Annabeth peed in her carseat and I was feeling sick so we stopped at Dunkin' Donuts (the first place to stop). Once we came out of the bathroom, me having vomited and Annabeth with wet pants, the nice lady at the counter gave us our choice of what we wanted! She said, "Oh honey, I've been there. Just pick what you want."

- I sorted through our sale tote and sent 13 items of Annabeth's to ThredUP. I didn't have a lot of items for winter but I thought this would be my test run on selling children's clothing with them. It is certainly easier and faster than tagging for consignment sales. I will keep you all posted on how it goes.

- Annabeth and I went to a free reindeer show at the library. It ended up being much more than I expected as the show was more than an hour long with many animals - a bearded dragon, dove, ferret, frog, and even a dog with matching storybook. At the end the animal guy brought in the reindeer and we were able to pet her and make our picture. Annabeth was bored during the show and terrified of the reindeer. I loved it.

Jingle John, Noel the Reindeer, Terrified Annabeth, #2, and me

We had a good week, spending most of it at home relaxing. We hope you have also found time to slow down and enjoy the beauty of the season.

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference" 

No comments: