Friday, November 6, 2015

Frugal Friday 116

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We ate leftovers from our Homeschool Group Halloween Party for two meals. There were a ton of juice boxes left over that made for a special treat for Mark and Annabeth who both love juice. One family also left us a homemade pumpkin pie to enjoy. Thank you!

- We had four cans of paint not opened for the party. I will save them for future art projects.

- We decided not to hand out Halloween candy and saved the cost of purchasing treats. Mark worked that night so we just took the kids out for a quick trip to a few neighbors and then home again for a quiet evening.

- Annabeth and I decorated for Thanksgiving. For our dinner table we use little pumpkins left over from the Pumpkin Party, a turkey cloth from my Grandma Chico, and a homemade pinecone turkey made in school this week by Annabeth.


- I finally finished and ordered Annabeth's Birthday photo book. I used a FREE book code from Pampers Rewards to just pay shipping. I also ordered through eBates to earn cash back. Saved: $29.99

- Mark worked two nights at his part time job.

- We did our grocery shopping at Walmart. We do not usually do a big Walmart trip but we get our prescriptions filled there and then purchase certain items (with coupons) that are always less in their store. We did our monthly grocery shop and spent a bit more than we thought we should. I know some items were more than I usually spend per item at Kroger (by $.25) so I came home at set up a "Savings Catcher" account in case any items were advertised for less elsewhere. Mark has had one of these accounts for a while but since I do the pharmacy run I thought it would be a good idea for me to get one too. We will hopefully get some money back in the next few months!

- I had FREE greeting cards and FREE shipping through Shutterfly from Kellogg's Family Rewards. The kids and I made and ordered some cute greeting cards. Saved: $27.00

- We played with friends on the north side of Indy and resisted the urge to just stop and pick up dinner. Instead, we came home and made shrimp tempura with rice and veggies. It was still done by the time that Mark got home and much healthier than fast food! I am REALLY trying to get out of the habit of stopping for fast food on the way home from busy days.

We had a great week! The weather has been beautiful so we have enjoyed running and playing outside! Mr. O is becoming busier and busier as well! He is becoming more and more fun for Annabeth to play with!

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: