Friday, November 20, 2015

Frugal Friday 118

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- The kids and I visited my family in Evansville for a long weekend. My parents treated us to meals out as well as a zoo day! We had so much fun visiting with them and are so thankful for the time away!

- I resisted the urge to stop for restaurant food on our way back from Evansville. We came home and cooked dinner. Not as much "fun" as eating out but it was much cheaper and far healthier.

- We received money back through Walmart Savings Catcher. I will save it online until we plan to shop at Walmart or Sam's Club again.

- Mark worked a night at his part time job.

- I listed four items for sale on our local Facebook garage sale pages.

- We grocery shopped for the first time in two weeks. We received two items entirely free with coupons - one bottle of Propel water and one frozen pizza. Unfortunately, I somehow purchased cat treats - I am guessing they were the man's in front of me and the checked checked them out as mine. They were $1 but I found a friend who can use them. Freebie for their family!

- I cashed in an offer from Kellogg's Family Rewards for 101 FREE prints and an offer from Pampers for a FREE Christmas themed gift (both from Shutterfly) and only paid shipping. Saved: $40.14

- We enjoyed a field trip to the Kid's Commons Museum in Columbus. As part of a group class deal, we paid just $5.50 for admission and a special class with our Homeschool Group. We packed our lunch and enjoyed playing at the indoor playground before and after the class.

We both love the bubble room at the Kid's Commons. 

We had a good week catching up on housework and school. We are looking forward to a fun-filled week next week as we anticipate celebrating Thanksgiving Day.

Happy Savings to All!





No comments: