Friday, November 27, 2015

Frugal Friday 119

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Friday night we made a frozen pizza for dinner and then drove up to church for a free movie night. We enjoyed watching Inside Out and Annabeth loved eating popcorn and playing with her friends.

- A few months ago, Annabeth shot a commercial for a local toy store. The commercial is almost done and when we went to turn in our photo release the store owner gave us 50% off one item. Since the kids were with me, and I am done Christmas shopping for them, I just allowed Annabeth to choose a small item. She chose a Shopkins set and was SO excited. She said, "This is the BEST DAY EVER, even better than getting mail from Sofia the First!"

- After church on Sunday, Mark kept the kids in the car and I ran into two stores for a quick gift and a gift card. This saved me SO much time as well as gas money.

- Mark and his brother Luke went hunting last weekend and Luke got his first deer. Luke and his wife live in an apartment and don't have a deep freeze right now. We are storing the meat in ours and they are letting us eat some of it. Sunday evening we enjoyed our first venison roast of the year. So good! Thank you to Luke for the deer and Mark for making dinner! :)

- I finally looked into Target's Cartwheel app (Yes, Sarah Stair, I know you've been telling me to do it forever) We used some of the coupons to save on Christmas shopping. We saved an extra 10% on Mr. O's stocking and 20% on a toy.

- I had ordered a Christmas gift from Zulily over the summer and when I opened the package to wrap it this week and found that it was horribly stained! :( I tried treating and washing it but the stain would not come out. I called Zulily and much to my surprise they totally refunded my purchase. I was able to find something similar online and the site had FREE shipping. I just hope it comes in time to gift next Friday!

We had a great week and got a lot of things done around the house. We also started Christmas wrapping which was fun to teach Annabeth some basic gift wrap techniques. We also had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Mark's Family.

We pray that you all have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving Weekend!

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: