Friday, January 22, 2016

Frugal Friday 126

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- The kids and I enjoyed a four day visit to my family. We were sent home with bread, chicken salad, and turkey which made our sandwiches for the week.

- We cleaned out some of my parents attic and I brought home lots of Barbies and Barbie clothes for Annabeth to play with. We also brought back a whole tote of my favorite books and toys. I have had so much fun sharing the books with the kids this week.

- I got my hair cut/colored professionally as a gift from my sister and Mama. Thank you all for gift cards at Christmas.

- I ordered new address labels for myself and for the family from Vista Print. I ordered through eBates for 4% cashback and took advantage of a 40% off sale saving $12.42.

- Monday Mark was off work for MLK Jr Day. We FINALLY got Owen's bedroom all the way cleaned out! He now has a full fledged nursery not a crib in the middle of storage.

He may have a completed nursery but neither Mr. O or myself are ready
for him to sleep in there. He still generally sleeps holding my hand or in my arms. 
I am tired but okay with that.
Please stay my baby forever.

- I got $14 (grocery store retail value) worth of baby food for just $4.50 at Big Lots. I carefully checked dates and was happy to find such a good deal!

- Mark worked one night at his part time job.

- I babysat for a friend. The money I made will go towards my 30th Birthday Savings.

- We did not grocery shop (it has been nearly 2 weeks) and we finished many pantry and freezer items.

- I cashed out Kelloggs Family Rewards points and was able to "unlock" 4 books for Annabeth to enjoy on Disney Story Central.

We spent most of the week at home again as it snowed on Wednesday. We have been enjoying lots of art and books.

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: