Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- Mark worked one night at his part time job.
- The kids and I made a quick grocery trip on Friday. We had a 76% savings!
- We traded baby food with some friends. We passed along some baby cereal and food that Owen cannot/doesn't eat and were given some as well.
- Mark's mom had a free calendar code from Shutterfly. I quickly put together one for her on Sunday and shipped it to her house. I just paid shipping. Saved: $24.99
- Mark ordered draft blockers for our three outside doors. We had noticed that up to four feet away from the doors the floor was freezing. The house already feels more snug and warm! Thank goodness since we have two little people who love to play on the floor all day.
- I received 4 freebies from Pinch Me. I got a free body wash, lotion, sponge, and zzzQuil. All I had to do was use each item and write a quick review. The body wash was a whole weeks worth and Mark uses zzzQuil already so both of those were great freebies.
- Mark and I had an at-home-date. We watched a Netflix movie and despite tons of interruptions from the kids we saw about 40% of the movie. :)
- The kids and I invited our Homeschool Group to The Commons Playground in Columbus and we all enjoyed some free play.
Annabeth at The Commons.
She really enjoyed meeting up with friends and playing!
Mr. O was happy to chew on his teething fish since he got
another tooth (#4!) on the bottom this week!
- We enjoyed dinner out at Chili's thanks to a gift card from my sister. Thank you Lu!
We had a great week. I felt especially blessed with a visit from a mama who was interested in our homeschool room and schedule. I had a lot of fun visiting with her and hope that it was encouraging as her family prays about the possibility of homeschooling their two children.
Happy Savings to All!