Friday, July 22, 2016

Frugal Friday 152

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Saturday morning we helped fill the Weekend Meal Bags at Franklin Church of God. We took my parents along too and all enjoyed some bag filling and fellowship.

- We all went to the Franklin Farmer's Market afterwards. We enjoyed Snow Cones and looking at all the booths. We had lunch at Benjamin's Coffeehouse and then made the free craft at Toodleydoo Toy Store. That is my favorite kind of Saturday!

Literally the best ever!

- Mark worked every day and every night this week. He is worn out and looking forward to some rest this weekend!

- My Momaw sent us home with a bag of greeting cards and wrapping paper. I am now pretty much set for the next 20 birthdays and most of our Christmas wrapping.

- Sunday we took a 3 mile hike through town. We enjoyed walking through the park, Franklin College, and along some of the old houses. We used to walk some of this trail when we were first dating in the fall of 2006. We always love to walk together.

- I used Groupon for the first time! I had a $10 Starbucks card for $5 in my e-mail. I redeemed the Groupon offer and went through Ebates for 6% cashback!

- We have been enjoying in-town-hikes as a family as we have been limited to where we can take the stroller/how far I can carry Owen in the Ergo. I asked friends on Facebook what they recommended for longer hikes and for a carrier that Mark could use. A friend sent me a link to a Kelty carrier for sale through a local garage sale page. It is in great condition, having only been used one time. We saved $200 off the sticker price and the seller even delivered it to our door!

Annabeth taking her Belle doll on a little hike.
We cannot wait to get out on the trails with Owen in the Kelty!

- One of the lessons we are working on in our Little Keepers of the Home, is a puzzle lesson. We did not have a 50 piece puzzle, so instead of buying one new, or risking buying a used one without all the pieces, we borrowed one from a friend.

Frugal Fail:
- I "splurged" and purchased new tennis shoes. I have been wearing the same tennis shoes for 4.5 years, since right after Annabeth was born. I used to wear an 8.5, then after having Annabeth I moved up to a 9, and apparently Owen has made me a 9.5. I hate to spend money on myself but I have been getting some killer blisters on our hikes and walks. I did managed to find a pair on clearance + extra 20% off at the outlet mall.

We had a great week back-to-school and are in the process of trying to figure out what to do this weekend. It is supposed to be HOT!! 

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: