Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- On Friday, we had a play-day with my nephew Nate and my sister-in-laws. We took back a whole box of hand-me-downs that they had let both kids wear. I am so thankful that they have shared so much!
- I have taken on a once-a-week babysitting commitment to help a friend. The money from this will go to Owen's savings.
- A package from Zulily came. It had a free sample of gluten free crackers. Owen enjoyed them with a nectarine for an afternoon snack.
- Mark painted all of the trim on the outside of our house. A neighbor noticed that our tall ladder wasn't tall enough and loaned us his tall ladder to help get the tallest parts painted. This was a HUGE project but by having Mark do the painting we saved hundreds of dollars.
- We shopped at Sam's Club for some items. I made sure to swipe my card at the free item kiosk. It is some kind of air freshener thing. We will share it with Mark's mom who loves things like that.
- Mark worked one night at his part time job. He also worked many hours over his usual shifts meaning we will have over-time pay coming in a few paychecks. We pray that we will use these extra funds wisely.
- We adjusted our grocery budget as Owen is now eating all table food. We realized that we needed to bump up what we are spending at the grocery to continue feeding everyone healthy foods!
Blueberries, carrots, pizza bagels, and watermelon dinner.
As always, Mr. O had a death grip on his rice-milk cup.
We had a great (short, due to Labor Day) week of school!
Happy Savings to All!