Friday, September 30, 2016

Frugal Friday 162

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Mark worked one night at his part time job.

- I babysat for a friend.

- Mark worked the South Side Parents of Multiple Sale. He made enough money to pay for Annabeth's birthday party next weekend. Well worth a few hours of work! :)

- Saturday night Mark's parents took Annabeth to dinner and a movie and she enjoyed a sleepover there. Mark and I ate a pizza dinner with Owen and watched the movie The Cobbler. 

- Mark's parents treated us to lunch out on Sunday. It was wonderful and Annabeth and I were able to enjoy the leftovers for lunch on Monday.

- We are now over 1/4 of the way finished with our school year - this means our schoolroom was a mess! We spent Tuesday afternoon working on deep cleaning the schoolroom. We sorted out all of her playdough items and reorganized them. We recycled half a bin of papers. We also took five boxes out to recycling. We now have a nice, clean area to learn and make messes in! :)

- Monday morning we headed to the outlet mall to get Owen new tennis shoes. We got a GREAT deal on his new shoes at Stride Rite: outlet store price + 30% off + $10 reward coupon making our total just $15.50! We had a gift card so we spent $0 OOP!

- I was pleasantly surprised by our good deal at Stride Rite and was able to buy some things for Owen to use the rest of his gift card he won at summer reading. I was able to get him 4 shirts at the outlet mall. Annabeth and I checked out a free shipping toy deal on Zulily and she chose a toy set for him and I found a good deal on some crayons (Owen loves to color!) to round out the gift card! We were able to get all of that for $0 OOP!

- I price matched an oil change and cashed in some WalMart Savings Catcher dollars to save $16.81 on our oil change this week.

- I ordered the kids' Halloween cards using a 10 FREE offer from Shutterfly. Saved: $24.90

- I turned in all of our items for the fall consignment sale. My sales goal is $300 for this sale. People often ask, "Are consignment sales worth it?" Well...they are quite a bit of work, but after doing a few each person develops their own organization and storage system making each sale faster and easier. I have made $1167 profit back in six sales. Not a fortune but that would have been ALOT of money lost if I had just taken things to Goodwill! I also regret not doing the sales sooner - the first two years we had Annabeth I just sold everything at garage sales and I probably lost a lot of money doing it that way.

Sheriff Owen and his trusty steed 
This cool bouncy toy was a hand-me-down!! 

We are looking forward to a great weekend and week ahead celebrating Annabeth's 5th Birthday!
Check back over the week for birthday fun and Etsy birthday finds! 

Happy Savings to All! 



No comments: