Friday, September 16, 2016

Frugal Friday 160

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I babysat for a friend. Her meeting went over and she paid me more than I was expecting. The expected amount was added to Owen's savings and the extra was added to our offering for church.

- I tagged ALL of our items for the fall consignment sale. I am done a few weeks ahead of the drop-off date and it feels so good to have it done!

- Sunday we enjoyed a breakfast at church for first responders. The kids enjoyed seeing a fire truck that IFD brought over.

- I made a quick Aldi trip Sunday afternoon. We had received a $10 off $40+ purchase and I did not want that to go to waste! I bought all of the rice milk in the store and some extra gluten free items for Owen.

- On Monday, I helped a friend tag her items for the consignment sale. We also took over homemade cookies as a thank you for providing lunch for us on Friday as well as Monday.

Mixing her cookie dough.
She is to the point where I just read some of the recipe and double
check her measurements while she bakes.  

- Wednesdays we spend the whole evening at the dance studio as Annabeth has three classes and a 45 minute break. I have been packing dinner so we are not tempted to run out for fast food or to buy expensive treats at the studio.

- Mark attended a fundraiser Wednesday night. He won a door prize that included gift certificates for a service on a car, a free car wash, a nice set of flashlights, and some other freebies from a local car dealership. He also bid on and won a $40 value bowling/pizza gift pack for just $20. He was happy to support Kirby Cochran for Sheriff!

- We got another Zulily box and another freebie this week. This time it was a package of cat treats and a package of dog treats. I was able to give these to a friend who has dogs and cats. Jeanette had gave us a pair of ballet tights for Annabeth this week so I was happy to be able to give her something as well.

- Mark worked one night at his part time job.

- I took Owen to his first Wonderful Ones storytime. He has been tagging along to the preschool storytime since he was just a couple of weeks old but I haven't been taking him to his own. With Annabeth in Kindergarten this year, she will no longer go to storytime and we will take Owen to his own. He LOVED it! He was so so happy!

We had a wonderful week and hope you did as well!

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: