Friday, September 8, 2017

Frugal Friday 209

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I had one Usborne Books & More Party and Mark worked one shift at both of his part time jobs.

- I sold a Kelty Kids Backpack on Facebook. We purchased this item 14 months ago, go great use out of it with Owen, and I sold it for the same amount that we bought it for. We will add this money to our vacation savings fund.

- Saturday night Mark and I had our first date since May! We had dinner at The Willard and then went to buy a new dishwasher. We took advantage of Labor Day Sales (all of the dishwashers were at least $125 off) but I was shocked to find out that the white one we needed to match our kitchen is considered an "upgrade." What?! I thought we would run in, find one, and be out in twenty minutes. It turns out very few come in white (and we have all other white appliances and white cabinets so I thought this should be white too) and I didn't like the organization on the inside of many of them. In the end we found one I liked just to learn that it would be $50 extra to order it in white! I was so surprised (Mark said "aggressively so") that the saleslady gave us $20 off that so we just paid $30 extra for the white.

- Sunday afternoon Matt and Jenn had everyone over for lunch. Each household brought something to pitch in and we had a great lasagna lunch with sides and dessert. Jenn and I cleaned out her kids' closets and drawers and she sent home a HUGE bag of hand-me-downs for our kids. Thank you so much!

- I ordered our summer pictures from Shutterfly and got them free using their Labor Day code. Saved: $8.85

- Annabeth has been asking to try cheerleading. I looked into options in our area and many conflicted with dance time or were competitive programs and far more expensive than we wanted to try. Then, a friend mentioned her daughter's cheer team was running one at the high school. Annabeth has attended that this week and had so much fun! She had 4 hours of cheer lessons, a bow, and shirt all for $30. She will also cheer with the high school team for part of the football game tonight. She is SO excited!

- Owen got his first book in the mail from Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. It's a very nice copy of The Little Engine That Could. We look forward to Owen adding lots of free books to his library through this program!

Mr. O loves his new book.
He hugged it, kissed it, and yelled "No touch! My choo-choo book!"

- There was an accounting error in my original dance class budget from the studio. Annabeth's class fees ended up being $200 less than our original budget! Woohoo! This means the extra money we paid for class can be moved towards competition fees.

- This week I am running a fundraiser through this You Caring site to raise money to purchase Cuddle Bear Books and Cuddle Bear Animals to donate to the Riley Cheer Guild. If you feel inclined I would love for you to donate here!

We had a busy busy busy week and are really looking forward to some fun plans this weekend!

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: