Friday, September 22, 2017

Frugal Friday 211

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I enjoyed two magazines that I receive in the mail for free. I get free magazine offers from the surveys I take online.

- I had FOUR Usborne parties. Thank you to everyone has made my first 90 days so much fun!

- Labor Day Weekend I ordered FREE prints from Shutterfly. I just paid shipping. They came this week and about 1/3 of them were wrong - they had printed them all landscape so many of them had faces cut out. I called Customer Service and they gave me credit for the same number of prints and free shipping on the new order! I replaced the ones that were wrong and since many came out okay, I used the rest to print new pictures from September. I love using Shutterfly and they really do have great customer service!

- Annabeth spent all weekend at the dance studio at a dance conference. She LOVED it! Even after 14 hours of dance she said to me, "What time to I dance tomorrow?" I am so happy that she has found her passion!

- Sunday evening we had Mark's parents over for dinner to celebrate his dad's birthday. We ordered pizza and they brought salad. We were able to all have the leftovers for two meals on Monday.

- Wednesday we enjoyed a free storytime at our friend's church. The kids loved the smaller group than we see at the library. Annabeth loved the games, songs, and craft. Owen, of course, refused to do any of it. "Not want to. No. Not do it." He is 2 after all.

And this cute dude wasn't so frugal yesterday...
Mr. Owen Merit decided to stick a bead up his nose. (Not the first, and I doubt the last, item he has put up there) None of our usual tricks worked so I took him to Immediate Care. They told me, thankfully at the desk before he was admitted, that they couldn't get it and that we needed to go to the ER. So, we made our third ER trip of the year. Once again, we had a great ER doctor and he was able to get the bead out without having to sedate Owen which I was so thankful for! BUT Mr. O that silly business will cost us some serious money!

- We were able to host my best friend and her kids for lunch yesterday and we will be hosting a group in today as well. Our living room floor is torn up, our kitchen is concerete floored at the moment, I don't have a dishwasher, and our fridge is in the hallway but God calls us to show hospitality to others and so we are. We serve the Lord with gladness!

We are looking forward to a fun weekend with my family celebrating my sister's and Annabeth's birthdays!

Happy Savings to All!


1 comment:

Abbi said...

That is to bad about the bead up the nose! Kids! :-)