Friday, September 29, 2017

Frugal Friday 212

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday we did a London/England lesson with friends. Annabeth wore a Hello Kitty London shirt handed down to us many years ago but finally fits! We served English muffins pizzas, goldfish crackers/potato chips (get it, fish and chips), fruit, and some English Jam Cookies. I love themes!

- We headed to Evansville for the weekend to celebrate my sister's 28th and Annabeth's 6th birhdays.
Here is what we did for (mostly free!) fun:

Friday: We got into town and my mama had found a rock painting kit for the kids. She and dad painted rocks with the kids that we would hide around town all weekend. Annabeth, of course, chose sushi dinner at Fuji Yama and we were able to hide some rocks there. Annabeth enjoyed watching Aunt Lu find a rock and our favorite waitress Helen even posted Annabeth's picture on Facebook with her rocks!

Saturday: We went to the Master Gardner's Garden for just a bit, it was already very hot. The kids loved seeing all of the flowers and buterflies. We all enjoyed the shade garden the most! We spent the rest of the morning/afternoon at Momaw's house. There was a huge airshow down by the river and Momaw lives close enough that we were able to see many of the planes and to be scared as the huge jets flew nosily over the house! We finished out the day at Evansville's Vintage Bus Festival and dinner at Turoni's.

Mr. O and I loved the Cardinal bus - we were celebrating UofL's big win! 
 Vintage Bus Family. Maybe we will all buy one and travel the country together! 

Sunday: We went downtown to walk along the Ohio River. I don't think Owen remembered the river becuase he was really excited about the water and all of the boats. Annabeth hid more of her rocks. Then we ended up back at the Bus Show. The kids loved climbing all over the buses! Pretty simple, free fun!

- I redeemed my Kellogg's Rewards Points for a $5 Starbucks giftcard! Woohoo!

- We stayed home for our meals this week.

- I dropped all of my stuff off at the Here We Grow Again - Indy South Sale. I used a new system for hanging and tagging this year and cut off about 2 hours off my prep-time! I have been doing this sale for 4 years now and have made back almost $1500!

- I pre-shopped the sale Wednesday afternoon. I came in under budget and was able to find everything on my list! We got three new books, a Christmas dress for Annabeth, jackets for both kids, some dancewear, Annabeth's Halloween costume for $8, and a tricycle for Owen, also just $8. I love shopping this sale and saving money while supporting local families!

We had another busy week and are looking ahead to a really busy weekend! We are loving the fall weather and plan to enjoy it outside with the Franklin Fall Festival and Parade and Annabeth's birthday with the Rileys.

Happy Savings to All!

2 comments:

Abbi said...

The rock hiding sounds like fun. That sale that you participate in sounds like a good deal.

Amy and Mark said...

The rock hiding was fun! Do you all have a it in your area?