Friday, September 15, 2017

Frugal Friday 210

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Saturday, Annabeth and I helped fill meal bags at the Church of God in Franklin. I love serving alongside Annabeth as we do our small part in helping hungry children in our community.

- After meal bags, I went up to Greenwood with a friend for the UTS Banana Box Sale. You can read my review here.

- I had two Usborne Books Parties.

- The kids made and sent homemade cards for Grandparents Day (which was Sunday 9/10) I had them do cute little surveys about their grandparents.

- Tuesday Mark took the day off work and we all went to Conner Prairie Homeschool Day. We had a great time and I really enjoyed being able to go as a whole family. With their special pricing we were able to go for $11. Admission on a regular day for our family of four would be $58! We are so thankful that they do these very affordable homeschool days!

 Annabeth and I loved putting these fun word rocks together
to make phrases and sentences. 
This was the first time we have been in two years. 
It was so fun to see Annabeth experience it as an older child
and for Owen to see it all for the first time. 

- Wednesday we had a long, rainy day. I pulled out the playdough and some games that we had put up in the early summer. Annabeth really enjoyed seeing some "new" things on a long day inside. Both of the kids prefer to be outside every moment of the day!

- I switched around the kids closets/dressers to have some long pants/long sleeves since the weather is getting cooler. I found eight more items that the kids have outgrown and added those to the sale pile.

- We did not grocery shop or eat out this week. The kids and I are making a small run to the store this morning for fresh fruits and veggies. We have been able to eat up quite a bit of the food that we had around.

We are looking forward to a fun weekend ahead - dance workshop, family reunion, and celebrating a birthday in Mark's family.

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: