Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- We spent last weekend in Evansville to celebrate my sister's 29th birthday. My dad and Mark entertained the kids - using our Mesker Park Zoo pass for some fun zoo fun. Mama, Lu, and I enjoyed a rainy day at the Chandelier Barn in Montgomery and a quiet night of movies, games, and pizza at the lakehouse.
Rainy day birthday shopping at the Chandelier Barn Market
- I am currently running my 2nd Annual Cuddle Bear and Book Drive for the Riley Cheer Guild at Riley Children's Hospital. I am happy to have raised $180 and look forward to meeting my goal of $300 over the weekend. You can donate Here: Cuddle Bears for Riley Cheer Guild
- We cancelled our cable over the summer and I have to say we miss it far less than we thought we would. We have already seen quite a few times where the extra $90+ dollars a month in savings has been much needed.
- The weather has finally cooled off and we have spent hours outside this week. It's nice that fall is on its way!
- Wednesday night we got home and noticed our neighbors house was dark but the doors were open and the car was gone. I called and texted with no answer so I went in our house and sweet Mark got out of bed, he was working midnight shift so sleeping before, and went over to check on them. One of the things I love most about Mark is that he is truly the epitome of a servant's heart. I am so thankful for his leadership in service and giving.
- Yesterday morning I babysat one of Owen's friends. The kids loved having an extra buddy for the morning and his mom paid me in a Snickers Bar! Best payment ever!
- My Momaw gave Annabeth a blue bicycle flowerpot. It is really cute but the wrong color for our porch. We painted it white and added some pretty yellow mums yesterday while she and I set up our fall porch decor.
- Last night we divided up the kids and each had dates with them. Mark and Owen went to Tractor Supply to look at chicks and Annabeth and I played Spot Five. Then we switched and Mark took Annabeth to get bodywash, the one thing I forgot while grocery shopping this week, and I kept Owen home for Despicable Me 3 and snuggles. (This is the only movie he wants to watch and only likes the first 8 minutes and just loops them over and over)
We are looking ahead to a busy weekend of the final push to get ready for the consignment sale, Mark working a different consignment sale, and a special birthday on Sunday!
Happy Savings to All!