Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money last week:
- Last Friday we met with school friends out on their farm. The kids enjoyed seeing their newest (temporary until butcher season) addition "Bacon" the pig. Owen LOVED feeding the pig and talking to him. "You are soooo cute!"
Owen is in love with pigs and is asking for his own colt and pig for Christmas
- inspired by Almonzo Wilder in Farmer Boy.
- Saturday we spent the afternoon at the library. The kids loved playing, we found a whole huge bag of new books for the week, and then we enjoyed a presentation about China. The kids and Mark worked on some oragami and we each had our names and zodiac animal written in Chinese. Owen enjoyed eating the almond cookies and we loved spending the afternoon with friends.
- We had some excitement Saturday evening after our neighbor accidentally ran into Mark's work van. (Let us take a moment to remind people that talking on the phone/texting while driving is distracted driving and the cause of countless accidents each year!) We are thankful that no one in their car was hurt. Owen enjoyed seeing Franklin Police and JCSO both respond. He was cheering, "There are real police officers and real police cars here!" Poor Mark! Owen only realizes what he does when he has his Class A Uniform on.
- Saturday night Mark surprised Annabeth with a backyard campout. He got the tent set up and ready while I did the reading, hymns, and prayers like usual. Once we knew Owen was asleep, Mark surprised Annabeth with the campout. During dinner, the kids were being so silly and we were all laughing and I paused and said, "Mark we're going to miss this" to which he said, "These are the best days." Thankful for a husband who makes each day special as we raise our people.
- Sunday I dropped a box of items off with my sister-in-law. As her kids outgrow clothing it comes to us and then I return for her to sell. Thank you Jenn!
- Sunday I also took a box to donate and then dropped four totes and two large items off at the Here We Grow Again Indy South Sale. I am hoping to make at least $200 at this sale. I'll let you know how it went next week.
- The kids and I baked four pies for our church fish fry. I think it is so important for the kids to find ways to help and bless others as much as possible.
Happy Savings to All!