Monday, October 1, 2018

Easy, Peasy Lemon Squeezy - Bathroom Redo

I don't like change. At all. Like not even a little. We moved into our house five years ago and painted the whole thing the same color yellow (except for the kids' rooms), matched everything in a decor theme of maroon/hunter green/yellow, and put the same floors in the whole house and I called it done.

Well....one of our children, I won't name names, decided to climb the toilet roll holder in our hallway bathroom to see if she could hang off the shower curtain pole. That, of course, didn't work and it ripped a hole in the wall. Over time, the hole grew as her brother punched through the wall to throw things down in the hole.

Since we moved in that bathroom has had a monkey theme. Annabeth was one when we moved in and my Mama and I chose the cutest monkey shower curtain, hooks, towels, and bathmat because Annabeth's nickname has always been Monkey Monk. Even as the towels have become very worn and the bathmat unraveled, I have left it the same.

Then, in the same week Mark offered to fix the hole and my Mama offered to get us new decor for Christmas. I panicked! Change! No, not change! Let's not change a thing! Then I remembered, Pinterest! I hopped on and tried to see what we could do (especially difficult because our kitchen and bathroom counters are dark, hunter green) Within minutes I had found a cute lemon theme! Perfect! It matched my green counter and it is yellow so it matches my only real color interest!

I shopped a Hobby Lobby sale and Target sale for a new pretty curtain and some lemon items (all for $33) Mark changed out the outlets to bright white, painted our ceiling and vents a fresh white, and painted the walls a fresh coat of, you guessed it, our same beautiful yellow!

I am so thankful for his weekend of hard work to make our bathroom look basically exactly the same as it did before just with different curtains and wall decor! I love that he understands me so well and that we have a fresh, "new" room in our house.

Lemongrass wreath (Hobby Lobby clearance)
with lemons added by me 

If you have been over before, you might not even
notice the changes but I sure do love my yellow! 

Lemon print from Hobby Lobby 

Extra lemons from my wreath project displayed
in a vase I had on hand. 

No comments: