Friday, October 26, 2018

Frugal Friday 268

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Mark worked at his part time job and I worked my Usborne Book Business.

- Last Friday, Mark and Owen took a "Man Day" out. They ran errands and then Mark took Owen out for his first Barber Shop haircut. Owen LOVED it!! Annabeth and I stayed home and did a Girls' Day In - she asked to eat Chinese noodles, paint nails, and watch a movie. We had a wonderful day together.

- Friday afternoon we all drove up and met up with other Usborne Book ladies from around Indiana to drop off our cuddle bears and books at Riley Children's Hospital. Our team raised $4500 for bears and books for children at Riley and IU Health. I am so thankful that God has given me a business that I can use to bless others.

- Saturday Mark spent the day helping Luke and Cassidy with a project at their house. He was excited to use some new tools and to spend the whole day with his brother. I am thankful to be married to a man who loves to help others!

- While Mark was up north, my sister came to visit. We spent the day hanging out in downtown Franklin. We enjoyed lunch at Benjamin's (thank you for paying Lu), play time at the library, snacks at the Hoosier Candy Cupboard, and then I scored an awesome deal on leggings ($5/pair!) at Anna's Style Boutique! Since having surgery, my incisions are in places that make wearing all of my pants uncomfortable so until my stitches come out it'll be leggings for weeks!

Read-Aloud time with Aunt Lu at our local library

 
Visiting their favorite skeleton downtown at the JCPL offices

- My sister brought me five shirts and I traded her a pair of brand new leggings. I love having a sister who loves clothes like me! It's like having two closets! :)

- Since Lu brought me clothes, I did a quick sweep through my closet and got rid of at least five items. I am working very hard to stick to the rule that for every item that comes in one must go. It's helping me get rid of items that are not my size in exchange for items that are.

- Monday morning I cleaned out my sticker storage. I have had a HUGE binder of stickers since before we were married and its plastic has been cracking. I emptied the whole thing and recycled all of the pages that had stickers I would not use on them. Last year a friend gave us some magazine holders so I am using one of them for sticker storage now. I recycled the old, broken plastic one as well.

- I made a quick stop at CVS and got a $3 off your next order coupon printer. Went back later in the week to buy one item for a craft project and got it for FREE with the coupon.

- Tuesday evening my best friend brought us dinner. She had offered last week after surgery but I just wasn't feeling up to food or company. I am so thankful for her generous heart and for the extra help on Tuesday. I have definitely had a slower recovery than I had planned or hoped for.

- Wednesday we enjoyed a free storytime with a celebrity at our local toy store. Owen especially loved hearing a police officer read the hilarious "Wonky Donky" book. Thank you to Toodleydoo Toys and Franklin Police Department for this fun event!

Police Officer O rocking his cool man pose and shades

- I recently had an offer in my e-mail for a free little series on farm-to-table production for kids. I downloaded it and then Nature Nate's Honey Co. reached out to me and asked me to be on Nature Nate's Honeybee Team. They sent me a HUGE box of full size honey, a t-shirt, sunglasses, stickers, and tons of honey samples to share with friends! Thank you Nature Nate's Honey Co!



We had a very busy week back in our regular routine. We are looking forward to a busy weekend ahead as well.

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: