Friday, October 19, 2018

Frugal Friday 267

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday, a friend sorted out some books that had been donated to her homeschool and let us look through. I carefully chose just four - two for now, one handwriting practice book, and one for later. I am trying very hard not to save too much ahead but it's very tempting when the books are free!

- The kids enjoyed a special Starbucks date thanks to a birthday giftcard from Amazing Aunt Katie. Annabeth chose cake pops and also a bag of popcorn to share with Owen. Thank you AAK - they loved it!

- Marked worked at his part-time job and I ran a sale with my Usborne Book Business.

- We have been in the process of decluttering for years now, which might mean I need a better method, but I spent some time this past week cleaning out places I have skipped like under sinks, medicine cabinet, etc. It felt good to get rid of a lot of expired items and trash. Also, a reminder from our LEO family, please always dispose of expired or unused medications with your local law enforcement agencies for proper destruction.

- The weather turned cooler over the weekend. Saturday the kids and I enjoyed a Unicorn Birthday party for our sweet friend Harper and a fun afternoon of play at the library. Sunday after church we came home and the kids assembled their circus tent and played in it ALL day! I always know it's cold outside when they decide to play with the tent. It's always been our number one winter toy.

- Monday we ran up north and picked up Annabeth's new glasses. We are so thankful for vision insurance this year and how affordable it made her appointment and glasses. Thank you my dear friend Dr. Jenna Dale for being the best eye doctor ever! You are a blessing to us!

Second Grade Smile - New specs and missing front tooth

- I had surgery on Tuesday and am thankful to be feeling pretty good now. BIG THANKS to Mark, my dad, and Mark's mom who all came and helped this week. Mark did a big grocery trip Monday evening for easy food for everyone to prepare. This kept us from ordering in pizza or stopping for fast food. It saved us quite a bit of money from eat out food. Thank you to everyone for helping me!

Frugal Fail:
Owen loves to get into things and I failed to put my make-up away. He had a fun time destroying my eye-primer with a pair of tweezers while I was in the shower :( I am not a huge makeup person but what I do buy I buy nice brands and keep them nice for a long time. When I went to Clinique's website I was glad to see there was a nice "free" gift for buying a certain amount. I'll use those sample sizes when we travel.  And yes, I could live without it but I used Usborne money from this week to treat myself.

We are looking forward to a good weekend with family and a date day on Sunday.

Happy Savings to All!

2 comments:

Abbi said...

I am glad to hear you are recovering well from surgery! I hope that continues to go well.
Even with decluttering books are a weakness for me as well. But if you do know that you will need them or can use them for school in a couple of years it only makes sense to take them for free.

Amy and Mark said...

I think books and art/craft supplies seem to be the weakness of many homeschoolers! We must all think quite alike in that category!