Friday, November 2, 2018

Frugal Friday 269

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last friday we hosted a homeschool class on pioneers in Indiana. Annabeth has loved reading about Kirsten and Laura's rag dolls in the American Girl and Little House books so I knew making one had to be part of the lesson. Mark cleaned out his t-shirt drawers the week before the lesson and I cut them up for the fabric and I got the cotton balls free with a coupon for a completely free project for five little girls. It was so sweet to watch them make and then name their dolls.

Annabeth with her rag doll named Hannah

- Mark worked at his full-time and part-time jobs. I worked my Usborne book business and am excited to have made Month 1 (again) I am hoping for an outstanding November so I can promote to Team Leader!

- Saturday evening the kids and I enjoyed our church's Trunk-or-Treat. We invited some friends as well as Mark's parents and had a good evening with them. We also enjoyed the free dinner put on by our church. Our church was able to feed over 500 guests, free of charge to the guests, as an outreach project that evening!

 Owen REALLY loved Trunk-or-Treat!
He said "Mama! I love this Halloween!"

Policeman O and Shopkins Cupcake Queen 

- My friend Ann and I did a swap. We took them hand-me-downs for her son, an Usborne book, and the IndyStar (her son was in it!!) and she gave us a brand-new pair of black boots for Annabeth to grow into. My favorite price is free so I was very happy to have some shoes to save ahead!

- A fellow dance mom put brand-new tap shoes on our studio's sale page. These tap shoes fit Annabeth and will work for the competition part of the year. Her old ones were glued together so these were very needed. I was happy to be able to buy from a friend and to save shipping costs.

- We made taco soup and brownies to take to our sweet friend Katelyn and her family. They just had a new baby last week and we were excited to take them lunch one day. I loved the sweet newborn snuggles as well!

- Halloween Night we celebrated with a Halloween party at Annabeth's dance studio. We had a rainy Halloween and Mark has just a few hours off between his jobs so it worked well to celebrate indoors with friends. Annabeth especially enjoyed Mr. Tyler and Miss Benni's Halloween themed technique class!

- I won an Amazon giftcard from a group challenge through my book business. This will come in handy as my sister just ordered something through Prime for me and I owed her about $10! Thank you to Sarah Miller for my prize!

I am looking forward to my Evansville Usborne Books & More Open House!
It will be tomorrow from 3-6 PM at my parents' home in Evansville.
I hope to see you there!

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: