Friday, November 9, 2018

Frugal Friday 270

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- The kids and I went to Evansville for a three-day weekend last weekend. I hosted my Evansville Open House with my Usborne Books & More business. It was wonderful to share the books I love with some of my very oldest friends and family. We also enjoyed a great visit with my family and were completely spoiled with meals out at our favorite restaurants and the kids had a museum day/geocaching adventure with my dad while I worked. Thank you all for hosting and helping me have a great first Open House of the holiday season!

- My sister and I swapped clothes. We also traded with a friend. It's nice to have a closet that is always revolving this way!

- Monday morning, the kids and I enjoyed a free musical story from the Indianpolis Symphony Orchestra. This was a great event at our local library.

- I won a FREE leotard from our favorite leotard shop - Mac and Millie! I entered her giveaway in October, forgot about it, but was excited to learn we won a leo! I will add it to Annabeth's Christmas gifts! Thank you to Casey at Mac and Millie!

- I sold a household item on Facebook. We met at the JCSO Safe Meeting Place and encourage others to do the same! Made $10

- A friend posted looking for an item that we have on hand but don't use. I was glad to be able to get it to someone who will use it!

- Mark was off Tuesday for Election Day so after the kids' gymnastics classes we went down to Columbus to play for the day. We had lunch at Zaharakos and then visited the Kids Commons Musuem. My parents gave us the 10 visit punchcard pass last Christmas but we hadn't used it yet! We had a great day playing together! We also ran over to the Kids Commons Playground to play for a bit as well. It was a great day of free play!

 Owen is REALLY into statues right now so Columbus was
super fun for him!
 He laughed so hard! "This place has a giant potty?!"
The Kids Commons Museum gets what makes three-year-olds laugh! :) 
I think Annabeth's favorite part will always be the playground!
She loves to be busy 

- We popped in Meijer for 90% off Halloween! We scored their costumes for next year and a pair of Halloween socks for FREE thanks to that sale and a $6 off our order coupon!

- I received my Ebates cashback. I used it to help pay shipping on our Samaritan's Purse shoeboxes. We filled two boxes this year (Annabeth made a box for a girl her age and Owen made a box for a boy his age) We buy and save items throughout the year when we find good deals and then also did a little shopping trip. We spent $33 on items plus shipping. I think this is such a wonderful way to begin our Christmas season - with our children buying for and, more importantly, praying for children around the world.

- Thursday we took advantage of a free P.E. class for homeschoolers offered at Franklin College. Annabeth will be able to enjoy this class four times this month. Thank you to FC for this great program!

We are looking forward to a fun weekend with MARK HOME AND OFF WORK!!

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: