Friday, November 30, 2018

Frugal Friday 272

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money:

- Last Friday, we enjoyed a fun, free program at our local library. The kids enjoyed a storytime, crafts, and meeting "Pinkalicious"

- Saturday I held my Annual Holiday Open House with my Usborne Books & More business. This year I asked my friends Kelly and Ann to bring their businesses and products as well. We had a great turnout and a lot of fun! Thank you very much to everyone who came out.

- Last week I held a Pampered Chef Party. I did not redeem any of my 1/2 price items or purchase any discounted items. I just redeemed my free items ($35 worth) and paid only shipping.

- I splurged and did two mystery bag type deals on Facebook groups I am. I did a Thirty-One one and received a $28 bag + won a $12 unicorn bag + shipped free all for just $20. I also did a LulaRoe one and recieved nearly $100 retail (one top + one skirt + leggings for Annabeth) for just $31! Wow! Thankful for fun surprises that were really affordable!

- We did not do a big grocery trip for over two weeks. This allowed us to truly use up everything in our fridge and pantry.  We did make a quick $20 run for fresh produce in the middle but it really is a good habit to get into every few months.

- I doubled my taco soup recipe and made a batch for a family with a new baby. I was so so thankful when a few friends brought us meals after Owen's arrival. It was such a blessing and I love "paying it forward" now.

- I had not planned on Black Friday Shopping but I ran out of hair spray. I have used the same bottle for 23 months so I decided to see if it was a deal online anywhere. I was able to buy it 50% off + Free Shipping + I had a giftcard for $4.18 to Macy's. I was able to get it for just $7 plus $1.10 cashback through Ebates!

- I got forced into a new phone on Black Friday. My parents surprised me with my first smart phone for Christmas and Mark bought me a protective case. I have had the same phone forever and was not ready to let it go. That being said - I do like having a much better camera and my google calendar on my phone now. Thank you all!

We were at the phone store for hours but Owen
was really quite patient. This was towards the end and he was melting into his waiting chair. 

- I won a holiday shirt from a group of crafty ladies that I love to follow on Facebook and Etsy. They even let me choose my own design. I chose one I had loved on Pinterest and it came this week. I am very excited for Annabeth to wear it for the new few years and then for Owen to wear it later. Thank you to the ladies at Crafting for Morgan!


- It was very cold and we had some snow this week. The kids and I stayed home as much as we could. We are reading Laura Ingalls Wilder's The Long Winter and it was perfect for this cold, snowy week. We also made paper snowflakes and decorated our windows with them.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend in Evansville and Owensboro with my family.
My favorite moment of the weekend was at my Momaw's House. Owen came running from the kitchen and said, "Mama! I saw God! Come see!" Of course I ran to see who or what Owen thought was God. He pointed to this...

"See?! This is God!
He has sandals just like Jesus!"
Proof my kids really have no idea about Santa Claus 
and that all things point back to Jesus!

Happy Savings to All!



No comments: