Friday, November 16, 2018

Frugal Friday 271

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Mark worked his part time job and I worked my Usborne Books & More business.

- I shopped online for a baby shower. I earned 1% cashback through eBates and stuck to the registry by not getting distracted in the store by all the cute items! I also saved $1 as I chose the shipping option where everything ships in fewer boxes.

- I finally broke down and checked out the ever popular Grove Collaborative for household goods. I got a free five piece set, free shipping, and $2 back through Ebates with my order (which I felt was a very good deal) I switched to Method household products over the summer and just by cleaning with different products I eliminated the wheezing I usually have while cleaning the bathroom and kitchen AND the excema on my hands that I have treated with lots of expensive soaps/lotions is completely gone with NO flair ups! I was sold on these products! I am excited to try new ones shipped free to my door! (I really stocked up and plan to cancel before the next month's shipment comes) Get your FREE five piece set here.

- Saturday we went bowling as family. It was SO much fun and the first time all four of have bowled together! We all got at least two spares and two strikes! Mark won both games.

- We did a huge clean out of Owen's room and our living room toys. We filled half a large trash bag with broken toys, toys with missing parts, and items like that. We also filled a kitchen trash bag of toys to donate. We saved one nice toy to sell at the Spring Consignment Sale. We always do cleanouts like this before each sale (April and September), their birthdays (June and October), and Christmas but this was our biggest overhaul ever! We have lots of empty totes and shelf space and I feel so free!

- Monday evening I splurged and got my first haircut since Owen was a baby! I have been trimming my ends for years but it had become just a big mess. I was at a baby shower on Sunday and mentioned to my friend, "I need someone who does hair to help me!" The lady across the table said, "I do!" She fit my in the next day and for a great price I got a great haircut. Thank you to Christy Stearns for becoming my new hair lady and making me feel great again!

- This week Annabeth enjoyed two free P.E. classes at Franklin College and Owen enjoyed Preschool Storytime at the Church of God in Franklin.

- I listed and sold 4 winter items on facebook. Made: $25

- We had our first ice of the year. The kids were up around 5:30 yesterday but I managed to keep them in until it was really light around 8. They LOVED it! We are in the middle of By the Shores of Silver Lake and just read about Laura and Carrie's adventure with the wolf on the ice. Annabeth and Owen skated across our patio like they were looking for wolves! I love that they always want to be outdoors, no matter the weather!

"Never be within doors when you can rightly be without"
- Charlotte Mason
"The true way to live is to enjoy everyone moment as it passes, and surely
it is in the everyday things around us that the beauty of life lies"
- Laura Ingalls Wilder  
Owen did not remember icicles or snow and loved mowing with his frozen lawn mower!

We are looking forward to a really fun evening tonight with two local events and then tomorrow is my Usborne Books & More Holiday Open House! I hope to see many of you there!

Happy Savings to All!



No comments: