Friday, October 18, 2019

Frugal Friday 314

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We took Thursday through Monday off school. We did go to Saddle Club, enjoyed a visit from my parents complete with sushi, an ice cream sundae movie night, and pizza and bowling. Saturday the kids and I went to the movies - Owen's first trip to a big movie theater! Sunday we went to church, children's music. and then spent the day outside. Monday Mark got back from a weekend camping trip with his Scout Troop and we went to an orchard and spent more time outside.

- Sunday through today, the kids and I have been staying in Indianapolis at Mark's parents' house watching over the house and the dog while they were out of town. The kids LOVED it! Owen has been asking for a puppy so he loved caring for Osa all week. Mark's parents got each of us some of our favorite foods to enjoy for the week and we spent just $50 on groceries for the week.

Owen and "his" dog Osa

- We had gorgeous weather this week! I made a point to leave extra time to stop and play while out on errands. We found a new park, or at least a playground, each day.

- Tuesday evening Annabeth started 4H. I was SO excited for her as I loved 4H as a child and it's fun to share that with her now. She has selected her projects and is excited for the manuals to come in so she can begin working.

- I worked on my Usborne Books & More business about 10 hours this week. I am working on a huge, long time goal and excited to be inching closer an closer to that goal.

Thank you to everyone who has reached out following Wednesday's blog post. I am so very thankful to have had such a loving and kind friend in Leah.

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: