Friday, October 25, 2019

Frugal Friday 315

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday, we were late getting in from dog sitting and the kids were asking for pizza. We skipped the take out option and Mark spent $5 on freezer pizza at Meijer and the kids were very happy with that. I love how easy it is to make them happy!

- Saturday I worked our CUMC craft fair with my Usborne Books & More business. I had a good sales day and got to sell alongside my friends Ann and Kelley which was very fun. I love meeting new book lovers. I did spend a bit of money at the craft fair as I purchased a Christmas gift made by Ann and won a silent auction item that I also plan to gift this Christmas season.

- Saturday evening we went to the Havens Hope Stables Fall Festival. The kids have loved riding in the Saddle Club this fall and it was the first time that Mark was able to tour the ranch and to see them ride. We very much appreciated this free event.

Mark and Owen eating their cowboy supper on a rock
Watching the horse show
The Riley Four 
Mark coordinated all of this plaid while I worked. 
Owen was sad because we made him stop watching to take this picture

- Mark did our grocery shopping Saturday night and saved over $25 with coupons. We got all of our food for the week for $71.

- Sunday after church we came home and had a quick lunch together before we did a BIG house and yard clean up. We spent about four hours working together to clean house.

- After our Sunday clean-up, we hosted my Usborne Books &More Hallow-Book Party. We had a fun storytime, games, costume parade with prizes, and a craft. Our kids loved dressing up with their friends.

- After the party, we treated Mark's parents and his brother and family to a pizza dinner. We used a coupon for free breadsticks.

- Wednesday evening my friend Melissa treated me to a treat at Starbucks and two hours of great conversation. Thank you Melissa!

- I wrapped up the fall fundraiser for our dance studio with my Usborne Books & More business. This fundraiser helped dance families earn hundreds of dollars towards competition and class fees. Let me know if your school, group, or family could benefit from a quick, profitable fundraiser.

Thank you to everyone who checked in with me this week, sent a card, or called upon Leah's passing. In the midst of great sadness, I have felt the love of those who are still here.

We are looking forward to a busy weekend with a book party, the kids singing at church, and a birthday party.

Happy Savings to All!




No comments: