Friday, November 1, 2019

Frugal Friday 316

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/earned extra money/spent money wisely this week:

- Last Friday, we had a Downtown Franklin morning. We took advantage of no line at early voting (where we saw the Sheriff which Owen talked about ALL day), free storytime at the toy store, and a walk to look at the changing leaves. The kids each took some piggy bank money to the toy store and purchased squishies.
Our little America Lover had to pose with his hand
over his heart since we did our civic duty of voting. 

- Our latest shipment of Nature Nate's Honey arrived last Friday as well. As a brand partner, I get exclusive freebies (like the softest t-shirt I own, a fun travel bag, and more honey than we can eat) I love the homeschool lessons and bee/honey facts they share with us too. Thank you to Nature Nate's for letting us share the sweetness.

It's always nice to come home to a bag of honey on the porch!

- Saturday, I hosted a joint Thirty-One and Usborne Books & More party. My sweet friend Brittany Floyd brought her Thirty-One business and I earned $40 in free product!! Each of the kids were able to design a new library bag for themselves and I paid just $31 out of pocket. Thank you Brittany for the fun - check out her business page here.

- I had made quite a bit of food for Saturday's party. We were able to eat it for leftovers for Saturday dinner and Sunday lunch for us girls. 

- Sunday after church, Mark and Owen went to a chili lunch at his parents' house. I took Annabeth to a birthday party at the new duck pin bowling place in town. She had a ton of fun and I can't wait to go back to try it myself! We also popped in the library to return books and get new ones for the week.

- Sunday evening we carved pumpkins. We have only done this with the kids two years and they really enjoyed it this year! I am thankful for sweet memories with these little people.

Mark helped Owen make that witch pumpkin and 
Annabeth made her face to include long hair.

- Tuesday evening we enjoyed Mark's scout troop's annual Halloween party. The kids had SO much fun running on the dark soccer field, lit up by glowsticks, with their friends. Annabeth won the pumkin carving contest! Owen is eagerly anticipating Kindergarten next year so he can officially join Cub Scouts.

- Wednesday evening we enjoyed Trunk or Treat (indoors due to rain) at the dance studio. Annabeth had fun wearing her costume to class and getting candy with her friends. 

- Before going on a road trip, the kids and I selected musical CDs and books on CD from our library. We don't allow our children to have iPads or to watch shows/play games on our phones. I am sympathetic that car rides can feel long and monotonous so I try to use music and books on CD to keep everyone fairly happy.

- The kids and I trick-or-treated at the Women's Hospital in Evansville. This was our first Halloween at (my) home in Evansville. Since Mama and Dad both had to work we decided to trick-or-treat at their workplace. The kids had a great time and I was glad to do it there since it was rainy and cold. We had a soup and grilled cheese dinner at home per Halloween tradition.

We are looking forward to a good weekend visiting with family while Mark camps.

Happy Savings to All!


1 comment:

Abbi said...

Sounds like some fun times. Your kids are growing so much.