Friday, April 17, 2020

Frugal Friday 340

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We did a big family house clean-up on Saturday morning. I have been feeling completely overwhelmed and unmotivated to keep everything as picked up as it should be. Mark saw that and helped motivate all of us to work together to get everything put back in its right place.

- Mark's parents delivered a bag of goodies to us for Easter. We have not seen them in person for a month or so and it was great to wave from a distance. Thank you all!

- I shopped Matilda Jane's spring sale. I was able to get Annabeth two new items at great prices. Do you love Matilda Jane? You can shop with my friend Danielle here. (I am not having a party nor will I benefit from you shopping that link, just wanted to share a fellow Hoosier Mama's business)

- The kids finished up LOTS of stickers, scrapbook papers, and craft supplies. I love having a bunch on hand but also like them to be used pretty quickly.

- We were SO blessed to have our whole Easter Sunday as a family of four! Over the years, we have not had a great deal of holidays with Mark off work for them and it was really nice. He did take some phone calls but didn't have to leave.

Easter Sillies.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE family photos and my "trick" to getting good ones
 is letting them take whatever kind they want first and then I get my pretty one after.

- A few weeks ago, I let Annabeth design her own address labels. She has two penpals that she writes weekly as well as other mail she sends. They were due to us last Tuesday but never arrived and the shipping never updated. I waited a full week but when they didn't arrive I contacted the company. They sent a new set for free and refunded my original shipping. Made Back: $6.41

- Wednesday night I delivered several "You Are A Star" books for local heroes who are changing our community. It was nice to get out and to drive alone! I also loved a short socially distant visit with my friend Holly.

- Our friend Jeanette brought us duck eggs! Thank you! We baked many of them into German Pancakes for dinner last night.

Happy Savings to All!

1 comment:

Abbi said...

That is a fun tip on getting good photos of kids. You did get a couple of cute ones. :-)