Friday, July 10, 2020

Frugal Friday 353

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We spent a great 4th of July Weekend in Evansville. We also visited my Momaw in Owensboro. We ate more meals in than usual, although my parents and Momaw did treat us to sushi, shaved ice, and a fast food meal. The kids enjoyed going to a park, going through the carwash, lots of backyard play, and sparklers on the 4th. Mark and I snuck out for a date and did some coupon shopping for sunscreen and beauty items at Target and had lunch out. We ALL loved seeing some great fireworks just by walking around the neighborhood.

Sparklers on the 4th

Oscar looked so handsome for his first 4th of July

- My parents sent home some fresh fruit and some snack foods. Thank you! :)

- My sister, Mama, Momaw and I all traded clothes and jewelry. I came home with four new clothing items and some new jewelry as well.

- Sunday evening we got back into town and skipped the drive thru/pizza order that is what we almost always do when we get back in town. We unloaded the car and then I headed to the grocery for the week. I picked up sandwich and salad items that we had for a quick Sunday night dinner and then we also ate many of the sides for the rest of the week.

- I watched coupons, store sales, and Ibotta carefully when planning out my shopping trip. I like to see how much I can save and earn back each trip!

- I did my first thrift store run since February!! Even with the dressing rooms closed, I found one shirt for Annabeth for fall/winter, two shirts for Owen for fall/winter, and two shirts and a dress for me. Three things did not work for me so I returned them and have $14 store credit for when I want to shop again.

- I hit a sale on laundry detergent at Walgreens and got Buy 1, Get 2 Free! Saved: $12+

- I also did a coupon deal at CVS for razors and toothpaste. We have been doing Dollar Shave Club for years but my handle broke this week and I don't want to wait on delayed shipping for a new one. Razors were on sale for $7.99 + $3 coupon + $4 Coupon + $8 in ExtraBucks back for buying three packs. This means I got all three packs for just $2.99/pack. Not bad since they were originally $10.79/each! -- I also took advantage of a Buy One, Get One 50% Off Toothpaste. I applied a $1 off coupon to each tube saving an additional $2. This made each toothpaste just $2.44. I KNOW I can do better on the toothpaste but I am just getting back into couponing so I was happy with my 50% savings + $8 ExtraBucks.

- Our friend Jeanette brought us zucchini from her garden. I cooked some with our chicken and veggies last night and plan to use the rest for zucchini lasagna. She is hosting a covid-belated birthday this weekend and we had plates/candles for her to use. I love to trade with friends!

- Last night Annabeth and pre-shopped a friend's garage sale. They have older girls who dance so Annabeth found all kinds of clothes to grow into for fall and winter as well as some studio shirts and leotards all at great prices. Thank you Kellie for the invite to come early! :)

We had a good first full week of school and are looking forward to the weekend.

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: