Friday, July 31, 2020

Frugal Friday 356

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday, Annabeth and I drove Owen to Camp Rotary for his first Cub Scout overnight. He won't officially begin scouts until the fall but he needed to be part of this year's summer camp and was excited to go visit Mark for the last two days. He loved learning new scout skills, getting his first compass, fire building, and more!

He was proud to help build the fire

- Annabeth and I enjoyed a Girls' Night while the boys were gone. We ate and shopped downtown and she found some vintage doll clothes for her American Girl doll. She baked homemade brownies (all by herself!) for our movie night. We had fun doing our nails, going to the library, and reading all afternoon in the quiet!

- On our shopping date, we stopped by the new Mom and Cub Boutique in Franklin. They were having their summer clearance sale so we checked out some GREAT items for just $40! Annabeth found some embellished overalls, a skirt/top combo that was new with store tags, two new Disney hairbows, and a Matilda Jane dress (just $6.50 with the sale!) I also found a cute Baseball Mom hat (new) for just $15! I had looked at a similar one online for $25 plus I would have had to pay shipping. I was very excited about all of our good deals! We look forward to shopping Mom and Cub Boutique again soon and have two coupons for the first friends who claim them!

- We shopped the Friends of the Library Used Book Sale. Annabeth found five of the original Baby Sitters Club chapter books, I found two books for Owen to enjoy (dogs and architecture themes), as well as a history book for our school collection. We paid $10 which was more than the total for the books but let them keep the change as an extra donation for the work they do.

- The boys brought home two large packages of hamburger buns and a huge bag of Doritos from camp. We had BBQ sandwiches a couple of nights this week and also enjoyed chips at lunch. 

- We have not made a real grocery trip in three weeks! We made two little stops for breakfast items and milk but we haven't made a big trip in weeks. This week the meals did get a bit funky towards the end (leftovers, chicken fingers and random fruits/veggies, etc) BUT we have eaten through much of what we had and finished lots of open items. I work very, very hard to have zero food waste. 

- I sold a Matilda Jane item on Facebook. Made: $20

- We moved around the kids beds in June but when we got everything out for Annabeth's we found we had a headboard but no frame. We've been looking for a good deal online all summer and this week scored an awesome Pottery Barn bed with locker style drawers underneath from a local garage sale. I had money in my PayPal from my book sale last week so it was under $50 out of pocket! I couldn't find this exact bed on the Pottery Barn website but their cheapest option was $299 on sale so I KNOW I got a good deal!

- One day we did the #cardinalchallenge through Cardinal Stage in Bloomington and had fun acting out "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" in just ten pictures. I don't know that we will win the contest but we did have fun!

Goldilocks and the Porridge - Too hot (hot sauce), too cold (ice), and just right (cereal)

Three angry bears! 
Someone has been eating their porridge

- Yesterday Annabeth had a visit with her Riley Team. The day before they called to let me know that due to increased cautions that I could not bring Owen. Thankfully my brother-in-law is a teacher and still on summer break. We paid him in Starbucks coffee to watch Owen. Thank you Luke! We also dropped off a box of hand-me-downs for Jackson. 

- Last night we were down to funky leftovers so I made homemade pizzas. I had leftover Alfredo sauce, BBQ Pork, onions, and shredded cheese. I made a double batch of quick, easy pizza dough and did one Alfredo Cheese Pizza and one BBQ Pork with onions and cheddar. We will have pizza leftovers for lunch. We have eaten from the same pork tenderloin for five meals this week! 

We had a good, busy school week and are looking forward to catching up with friends this afternoon and a fun weekend!

Happy Savings to All! 




No comments: