Friday, July 24, 2020

Frugal Friday 355

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Mark was gone to Scout Camp all week. His leadership team was very thankful to be able to still work summer camp into their schedule and to be able to do it safely following guidelines set by Indiana.

- My parents came to town for the weekend. We enjoyed spending time with them washing cars, going to the library for books, and more free fun.

- Saturday morning my Mama and I took a Water Aerobics class at the city pool. This was only $5/each and a great time. I love water aerobics and hope to get to the class at least once a week for the rest of the summer.

- Sunday morning we went to Indianapolis for Annabeth's last dance competition of the year. Parking downtown is very expensive so I used the Spot Hero app and booked a spot for just $15. I went into the garage, pushed the entry button and didn't get a ticket but the gate opened. I realized once inside that I had used the wrong garage from the spot I had reserved. We went ahead and parked and I worried I'd end up paying again upon exit. When we went to exit the gate was open though and no fee collected. Woohoo!! Thankfully I didn't pay twice!

- After our morning downtown, we enjoyed the Johnson County Fair. While the fair is not open for the traditional animals, rides, food, etc our Fair Board did all the grounds to open for 4Hers and families to see their completed projects. Annabeth was very excited to see how all four of her projects did. She had so much fun this year and a great start to her 4H years!

Annabeth in front of her Lego creation.
She earned a 1st Place - Honor Group for this project

We always get one treat at the fair and this year
pretty much the only option was a milkshake. 
We were thankful for the free coupon that came with our admission packet.
We did not pay to park or for concessions this year.

- On Tuesday, my sister and I surprised the kids with a day of bowling and Mexican food. We have not been bowling since the winter but I had purchased the Kids Bowl Free pass before the Covid closures. We felt safe and confident with our local bowling alley's response to Covid cleanings and so we safely bowled. The kids loved it and Lu loved winning each game! We also had lunch out at a new, to us, Mexican place that we all loved. 

- Owen had THREE t-ball games this week. We had a great time watching him play real games and were so proud that he hit off a pitch 50% of the time!

My favorite player - #6 

FRUGAL FAIL: I forgot to cancel my Hello Fresh Order for the week. By the time the tracking info came I could no longer cancel it. I was disappointed as I hadn't planned to order this week and since I didn't select the meals some strange things were coming. It worked out in the end though because the package was lost, came damaged, and the ice pack had long melted so everything was warm. I was able to salvage the produce and Hello Fresh gave me a credit for my next order. 

We are looking forward to a fun weekend - can't wait to share all about it next week!

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: