Friday, April 14, 2023

Frugal Friday 489

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We had a long, lovely holiday weekend. Mark was home Friday so we also took the day off school. I was able to get a great deal of computer work done for both businesses and for the co-op I currently help lead.

- I cleaned out my closet and parted ways with a couple dozen items. Mama and Lu took some items and we'll share the rest with a friend who has just gotten a new job. I also passed along a stack of children's books - my sister adds them to her neighborhood's Little Free Library. 

- Sunday morning I completed workout one with a sunrise walk with Mark. It was a really beautiful thing to start in the darkness, we talked about how Mary must have felt that original Easter morning walking in the darkness to the tomb, and watching as the sun rose over town. Those were the last still moments of very busy Easter and I am thankful for them. 

- Sunday we enjoyed helping with the children's Easter event at church, had Mama and Lu up for church and homemade breakfast pizza lunch, an egg hunt from Mama, an egg hunt with the neighbors, and then dinner and egg hunt with the Rileys. I hope in the midst of sugar and egg hunts my children know the real meaning of Easter - the celebration of our Risen Savior. 

Easter Morning

- Sunday evening we brought home a new-to-her bike for Annabeth! Mark's mom had a bike that she was not using and generously shared it with Annabeth. She's spent hours riding this week. I was glad to have it here just in time for perfect spring weather. 

- Monday evening we had Easter Dinner leftovers for dinner. I LOVE a quick, easy dinner especially in the spring when we run in to eat and then go back outdoors.

- Monday night Owen had a 4H meeting. They had a beekeeper come and he learned so much! He also made a seed bomb and got to eat a honey stick. We aren't able to make a honey farm field trip later this spring so I was glad he had this experience.

- A student at the kids' dance studio is doing a blessing bag fundraiser. I donated all of the coloring and activity books that I had on hand from my PaperPie business. I'm always happy to #givebooks and #sharelove 

- I was able to buy three sweatshirts for Annabeth from a friend. Spent $9. Saved: No idea the exact number but I knot it's a lot!

- Yesterday I grabbed coffee and lunch thanks to a birthday giftcard from the Eblings. Thank you friends! 

Let's talk Leftovers. The top 2 things I get messages about are grocery prices and leftovers. I think leftovers must be a dirty word in some household because people often say one of two things: 
1. My husband will never eat leftovers he hates them or 
2. My kids never eat leftovers! How do you get yours to?
My answers...
1. If this is a huge issue for your husband - be respectful of that and serve leftovers at lunch time for yourself and/or the kids. 
2. My kids have never been given the option not to eat leftovers therefore they eat them happily.
Regardless of how you go about it, I think it mostly has to do with your attitude. Don't apologize for serving them. Don't act like it's not as special as any other meal. Do foster a sense of gratitude in your home that you had not only enough food for your meals but that God provided extra! 

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: