Friday, April 21, 2023

Frugal Friday 490

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here's how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Friday evening after dinner (Owen cooked for us and made pullapart cinnamon bread, bacon, and strawberrries) the boys drove up to Indy to deliver cards from their Boy Scout Fundraiser. They ran a Cards for a Cause with my PaperPie business and earned $1200 profit for the kids in their pack/troop. 

- Annabeth and I cleaned up dinner and then went out to Frozen Paradise. This is the ONE ice cream place in our county that is safe for Annabeth and it's been closed all winter. We were so excited when they reopened last week so I took her for a treat. 

- After the kids went to bed, I got myself organized and entered all the spring/summer items for the Kids' Sale. I have sold quite a bit on Facebook all winter so we only had 80 items but I'd like to make some money from them vs nothing. I did fill a garbage bag to just donate. 

- Saturday morning was the opening of Little League. Mark and Owen went over to the ballpark and then out to lunch. Annabeth and I ran some errands and had lunch together. We knew we had a busy week coming up and tried to be very purposeful with quiet time/time with the kids during the weekend.

- Saturday afternoon was 80, sunny, and gorgeous for O's first ballgame of the season. I love the atmophere of baseball - something about it just feels so "American childhood." Kids eating candy, parents chatting, sun shining, etc I love it!

Opening Day!
This was the shirt I mentioned getting a free one of last week.
I passed the other one along to our coach's wife. 

Baseball Photo 2023
We never actually make it to picture day so I just take our own
and print affordable copies at Walgreens for the family. 

- Sunday after church we went to Mark's mom's for lunch. We helped her watch my niece and nephew while their parents worked and ran an errand. It was so much fun! The kids are 2 and 4 and just so delightful! 

- Since Owen made dinner on Friday, Annabeth did some baking/cooking during the week.She made a grasshopper pie (we were gifted some chopped mints that we needed to use up) and a chicken/shrimp gumbo. The gumbo was a HUGE hit with both kids!

- Mark worked 2nds this week. It was a funky shift for a special operation which made all of our week feel a little off balance. They were able to make over 2 dozen arrests so it was a week well spent. 

- We closed out our Homeschool year with Spring Review. This event was a huge undertaking as we celebrated our school year with our beloved homeschool friends. 

75 Hard Update: I was SO happy to let the water go and feel so much better drinking reasonable amounts of water. I'm still drinking roughly 90 oz/day. I've also been so amazed that I have wanted to, and made time to, work out every day this week. Some days I even did a workout and a walk just like with the program. 

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I stepped down from my Express Tagger position at our local kids' sale. For years, I have tagged for others as well as our family as a way of bringing in extra money. We have always used that money for either summer dance camps or in the fall for vacation and it's made life much easier for those two things. This year, when I looked at the calendar and realized sale week was also in our last weeks of school and Spring Review I decided to let it go. Now, I am so thankful! This week was so busy and the kids and I were able to tag all of our items in around an hour -leaving plenty of time for all of the things we had to do. 

This was my little PSA to be sure to budget your time wisely as well as your money!

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: