Friday, April 28, 2023

Frugal Friday 491

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Thursday night into Friday we had my parents here. They took the kids to Hobby Lobby and purchased a craft kit for each of them. They also treated us to lunch and a Costco haul. Thank you all!

- While they were here we celebrated my dad's birthday. I planned a special dessert for him and we gifted him tickets to two museums that he will be going to while on vacation this summer. We're keeping with our goal to give experiences/time with loved ones vs clutter anytime we can!

- Friday-Sunday the boys headed to Spring Camp with their Scout Troop. Every time Owen comes back more and more manly after each camp - he was thrilled to shoot guns, find animal bones, and to eat non-stop. 

- Annabeth and I enjoyed a Girls' Weekend. She chose thrifting, Mexican food, and 90s movies as her activities. We found a great haul of shirts, skirts, dresses, and more for around $50 after visiting 4 Goodwill stores. I introduced her to one of my very favorite 90s movies: "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken"

- Sunday after church we drove down to Charlestown for a birthday party. While there we celebrated three of the Eblings' birthdays. Annabeth had a great time in the bounce house and playing with all of the kids. I enjoyed seeing my bestie in real life but the hours passed too fast! Can't wait to see them soon.

- Sunday evening we dropped our items off at the Here We Grow Again sale. I was glad to get everything quickly set. I am hoping enough to earn money for entry tickets for a vacation spot this summer. 

- Monday night the weather held out and we were able to get a ballgame in for Owen. He's busy juggling ball, scouts, and dance this spring and I am really proud of his hard work at each of them. 

- I hosted our last co-op board meeting of the school year on Tuesday. I did a nacho bar and cookies for dessert. This was an affordable way to serve both our family and a group for dinner that night and lunch the next day. 

- Yesterday was our last day of co-op for the year. We enjoyed an outdoor Field Day and the kids had the BEST time running foot races, doing obstacle courses, and more. I am so grateful for another year of homeschooling alongside friends.


We are hoping the rain is over for the weekend as we have lots of free outdoor fun on the schedule!

Happy Savings to All! 



No comments: