Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hola!

We are fully moved into our new apartment. The couch and mattress/box springs came on Tuesday! Thankfully! It's wonderful to not just exist on the floor. This week I've finished hanging all of the pictures and finished all of the decorating. Tuesday, after the furniture came, I built the tv stand -- quite the accomplishment! :)

Mark goes to Johnson County Jail tomorrow to take his lie detector test. He knows what they are going to ask and said that he should be fine. So...after that we'll just have to wait and see.

Other than that, I've spent my days getting the apartment done, cooking (just a little), and applying for jobs. I am anxious for Sunday to come so we can try a new church. I miss having friends. I had imagined becoming friends with our neighbors -- however, they are all Hispanic and my Spanish is pitiful making it difficult to form a conversation, much less a friendship. And after last night's failed attempt to talk to the kids downstairs about their Cheetos I've just resorted to "Hola!"

No comments: