Friday, June 26, 2015

Frugal Friday 97

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Annabeth had her second dance recital on Saturday. After the event we had our parents over to celebrate her year of dance as well as Father's Day. We resisted the urge to just order pizzas (easy but expensive) and made homemade sandwiches with fruit/veggies sides and homemade dessert.

The Riley Four.
We are so proud of Nanners and her hard work this year at Style.  

- We gave Annabeth a little sticker book of ballerinas as a dance recital gift. I found it on clearance for $.99 months ago and have been saving it.

Our little dancer. 
She loved wearing her rain boots with her costume.

- I ordered Annabeth's 2nd year of dance book from Shutterfly using a free 8x8 photo book code from Kellogg's Family Rewards. Saved: $29.99

- Monday my sister was in town. I treated her and Annabeth to lunch at Chilli's. We used a coupon for a FREE kids meal earned from summer reading to buy Annabeth's lunch. Saved: $4.99

- I sent my sister home with a dress that no longer fits me, a make up bag, and a lip color that I received that wasn't the right color for me. I am working very hard to only keep things in the house that make us happy and that we use.

- Monday evening Mark was able to pick up an extra shift at his part time job.

- Monday and Tuesday I tried to use up all of our leftover food from the weekend. We had made quite a bit of food for company and I didn't want it to go to waste. We did have a few items that had expired that had to be thrown away but I managed to use up most everything.

- We visited the library twice this week and checked out 20 books and 4 movies for Annabeth. The Thursday trip was my first trek out with the two kiddos by myself and we survived! I am so thankful for our sweet librarians who helped me wrangle Nanners and helped find her My Little Pony books.

We hope you all have had a wonderful week as well!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

No comments: