Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- I FINALLY found a water table for Annabeth and Owen. Annabeth has always enjoyed playing with others' water tables but I had set a goal of only buying one if I could find it for under $25 since she already has a little baby pool (which was free thanks to a grade-school friend of mine). I happened to see a deal at Kohl's on the water table - it was on sale for $39.99 + 3 online codes = $56.30 savings. I added a $10 gift card to save even more. I was able to purchase it AND have it shipped to the house for just $17.40! I also ran the purchase through ebates for 3% cash back. Saved: $66.30
"Wow! Look at my big mail Mama! I love this!!"
She was so excited when UPS brought this to our door!
- Mark worked Saturday at a friends' house cutting down and trimming trees. Made: $100
- We went out to dinner on Sunday to celebrate Mark's Great Grandpa Bob's 82nd birthday. We used a $4 off $20 coupon to help cover the cost of our dinner.
Owen wore his Sheriff onesie from the SD Rileys to ceberate
Great Grandpa Bob's Birthday.
Bob is a retired County Sheriff, Mark is a current Sheriff's Deputy, and the man
in the red IU shirt behind Mark was the Sheriff that hired both Mark and myself.
Who knows, in 21 years, Mr. O may be wearing a real Sheriff's Badge.
- Annabeth and I baked a double batch of these chocolate chip cookies for a playdate we hosted on Monday and a playdate we went to on Tuesday. We also took strawberries to share on Tuesday's playdate.
- I ordered Owen's first month of pictures from Sam's Club Photo. To pick up prints in store they are $.14 each but to have them sent to our house they are just $.08 each. This meant that they were less, even with shipping, to come to the house! It saved me a drive to Greenwood and the temptation of buying other things while at Sam's. It also was $1 less than picking them up in store.
- I earned a $10 credit on ThredUP thanks to a friend signing up through my referral link.
- I ordered myself two new shirts (in my post baby size (smaller than before O!)) from ThredUP using credit. I was able to save $33.02 off retail prices and paid nothing for the two shirts and shipping.
We hope you have all had a wonderful week as well!
We pray you will have a safe and happy holiday weekend celebrating America's Birthday.
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"